Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Model 3 and Model Y have increased in price right across the board between £2000 and £2500 each today...

Are they worth their new asking prices??

Last year My 3LR cost less than today's RWD.
And £10,500 less than what it would cost to buy again today.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Goes to show they are not trying to profiteer. If the bulk of the parts are already paid for and available for the performance models why increase the price?
Far fewer people are buying the Performance compared to the Dual Motor so lower price increase.

Profiteering like mofos but they need to as there may be leaner times ahead as supply increases and disposable incomes drop.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Far fewer people are buying the Performance compared to the Dual Motor so lower price increase.

Profiteering like mofos but they need to as there may be leaner times ahead as supply increases and disposable incomes drop.
I did wonder. It used to be a £13,000 jump to go from the LR to the performance making it an easy choice for many to go LR, now at £4,000 difference, tougher choice.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Model 3 and Model Y have increased in price right across the board between £2000 and £2500 each today...

Are they worth their new asking prices??

Last year My 3LR cost less than today's RWD.
And £10,500 less than what it would cost to buy again today.
Wow thanks for posting, we lease M3 and have MY lease locked in. Lease feels like very good value now, I guess the residual values being so good.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The m3 LR price increase seems a bit harsh. Its 4k less than the m3P. The model Y performance is +10K on the model Y LR.
Doesn't seem right.
Since I got mine in March there were a couple of price increases fairly soon after, one being because of the changes to the grant qualifications. Then a couple more for both the SR+ and the LR. The performance increased from £56,490 to £59,990 just before Feb 2021, but that was the only increase for the performance until today. That alone struck me as strange. Maybe the performance isn't such a big seller in general?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Also just to add, the spec has been increasing over this time, not just the prices. Thinking about the SR+ models here, since 2019, we now have:
Bigger batteries with 300+ range WLTP
Heat pumps (other manufacturers charge £1k for this)
Rear heated seats
Heated steering wheel
Floor mats
Double glazing to the front side windows
Revised console with phone charging and USB-C ports front and rear
De-chrome
Powered tailgate
Pearl white as standard - it was a £2k option back in mid-2019!

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
I have a lease, but with residual prices as they are, a lease is the wrong choice.

If my crystal ball was a bit better polished last year i would have PCP’d instead.
I've said it a few times on this forum, an EV is like a house almost just less expensive.
I still think in the current climate it's best to PCP and lock in a price asap.
Worst comes to the worst it comes out the same in the end of the price drops like a rock. But even then I think a PCP would still see you ahead.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Also just to add, the spec has been increasing over this time, not just the prices. Thinking about the SR+ models here, since 2019, we now have:
Bigger batteries with 300+ range WLTP
Heat pumps (other manufacturers charge £1k for this)
Rear heated seats
Heated steering wheel
Floor mats
Double glazing to the front side windows
Revised console with phone charging and USB-C ports front and rear
De-chrome
Powered tailgate
Pearl white as standard - it was a £2k option back in mid-2019!
Also-
Downgrade of SR motor, decreasing performance
Removal of passenger lumber support
Removal of driver foot rest
Removal of data functionality for USB ports
Removal of 12 months premium connectivity (for LR)
Removal of referral supercharger miles
Removal of premium chrome finish

🤔

1 - 20 of 45 Posts