Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Model 3 and Model Y have increased in price right across the board between £2000 and £2500 each today...

Are they worth their new asking prices??

Last year My 3LR cost less than today's RWD.
And £10,500 less than what it would cost to buy again today.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Far fewer people are buying the Performance compared to the Dual Motor so lower price increase.

Profiteering like mofos but they need to as there may be leaner times ahead as supply increases and disposable incomes drop.
I did wonder. It used to be a £13,000 jump to go from the LR to the performance making it an easy choice for many to go LR, now at £4,000 difference, tougher choice.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The m3 LR price increase seems a bit harsh. Its 4k less than the m3P. The model Y performance is +10K on the model Y LR.
Doesn't seem right.
Since I got mine in March there were a couple of price increases fairly soon after, one being because of the changes to the grant qualifications. Then a couple more for both the SR+ and the LR. The performance increased from £56,490 to £59,990 just before Feb 2021, but that was the only increase for the performance until today. That alone struck me as strange. Maybe the performance isn't such a big seller in general?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Since late 2020 they were all the refresh cars anyway with the dechrome and new console. But you're right about the battery/range, heated seats and steering wheel, floor mats

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah I think the end of chrome was due to customer feedback rather than a "downgrade", I actually like chrome on the other colours but happy with black against the white paint.

Someone commented on the latest RSEV video to basically say they're all £10k too expensive and with the exception of the Performance I think they're reasonably correct!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The standard range can get 300+ miles though, £48,490

That's the deal right there. If you can drive more than 300 miles without needing to stop you have an iron bladder and or are the only car in the country.
Truth be told, some people are gonna be new to the idea of Tesla even today, and they'll see the cars at today's prices and be able to decide for themselves if they feel it's worth it but many of us here will always be comparing to what we originally paid, and also the features we might have got at the time that are no longer there. I felt my long range was literally the perfect spec at the perfect price and the then SR+ should have been £35,000.

The performance seems like such a good price today now it's only £4,000 more than the long range, compared to being £13,000 more 15 months ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts