Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my ZS EV, and am looking at some accessories for protection.

Couple of questions, Are the mud flaps easy to fit?

And also I was looking at the official MG "protection pack" that includes the matt set, mud flaps and boot liner.
Can anyone tell me what matt set this comes with? The pictures of the matts included in the protection pack show a standard set with just the "MG" logo on them, but the pictures of just the ZS EV matts if purchased on their own show a blue ZS EV logo, so just wondered lol

Thanks!
Only done 70 miles in my car so far, love it :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
When I got my Excite in November 2019 I paid the extra for the protection pack. The boot liner is very good quality, the mudflap look good (but did trap a bit of slush in recent heavy snows), and the mats have the MG ZS EV blue logo.

After a week of fitting the mudguards, the supplied screws started to show signs of rusting, so I purchased 10 of these bolts and 10 washers from carbolts.co.uk, and they are perfect. There is further discussion here ...

Reactions: spoonablehippo

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I got my Excite in November 2019 I paid the extra for the protection pack. The boot liner is very good quality, the mudflap look good (but did trap a bit of slush in recent heavy snows), and the mats have the MG ZS EV blue logo.

After a week of fitting the mudguards, the supplied screws started to show signs of rusting, so I purchased 10 of these bolts and 10 washers from carbolts.co.uk, and they are perfect. There is further discussion here ...

View attachment 141034
Thank you! Will probably order the protection pack then. Really need those mud flaps as the dirt is spraying half way up the car :-(

So how do you actually fit the mud flaps?? I take it I don't have to screw into the body work?? lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
As I added the protection pack to the car order before it was delivered the dealer fitted them. I would hope that if you ordered the protection pack now, the dealer would fit the mudguards free of charge.

Then wait a couple of weeks and you will see the screws start to discolour (if they are using the same low quality ones supplied by my dealer). At that point remove the discoloured ones and replace with the screws and washers above!

The screws screw into the plastic of the wheel arch not the metal body.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I added the protection pack to the car order before it was delivered the dealer fitted them. I would hope that if you ordered the protection pack now, the dealer would fit the mudguards free of charge.

Then wait a couple of weeks and you will see the screws start to discolour (if they are using the same low quality ones supplied by my dealer). At that point remove the discoloured ones and replace with the screws and washers above!

The screws screw into the plastic of the wheel arch not the metal body.
Well I'll be ordering my pack off the internet to be delivered, so fitting it myself.
I'll definitely be buying the screws you recommend, just wanted to know on actual fitting of the flaps :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Should be an easy job if you first use the existing screws to line them up, mark up the other holes in the mudguards and perhaps create a small hole to allow the screw to take hold. Don't tighten too much or you may strip the thread in the plastic wheel arch (y)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
You are likely to need the wheels removing due to the lack of access, to fit the flaps.
Unless you have a 90 degree drill, which not many people have access too !.
The interior protection pack has been reduced slightly in price now also ?.
Now £126.00 reduced from the £140.00 that I paid.
But the "MG ZS EV Space Saver Wheel Kit" has had a massive increase in price by over £100 !.
Mine has the "ZS EV" Logo in the corner of each of the front floor mat's.
But my brothers front mat's only has a MG Logo in the corner ?.
Yeah - The weak point of the kit, is the black retaining screws for the mud flaps.
Only black mild steel screws that will rust within a couple of weeks.
Go for the black stainless screws & washers as highlighted by @RicM .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I'll be ordering my pack off the internet to be delivered, so fitting it myself.
I'll definitely be buying the screws you recommend, just wanted to know on actual fitting of the flaps :)
May I ask where you ordered from? I'm looking to get the boot liner, is there a price difference compared to dealer acquired?

Also, what sort of range are you seeing, do you know what your fully charged Voltage reading is?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts