Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do my mud flaps often touch the wheel and make a horrendous vibrating noise?

At the original purchase the car was modified, presumably by the dealer, to incorporate the optional winterisation kit with longer mud flaps. None of them were properly fitted, with missing or poorly placed self-tapping screws. Not sure if the proper Nissan parts were used. Front right was fitted an inch too low and often scraped the road. 6 years on air flow at higher speeds causing it to flap eventually made it loose or ripped enough to catch on the wheel and bend into a U shape with the back of the flap rubbing against the wheel. This made a lot of noise and thumping sounds. It did not unbend again till the car was stopped.

I recently replaced that one with a universal fit one and it’s been OK since. I also cleaned out all the mud and put more screws in all the others but now the rear left is doing the same thing. Any idea on how to fix it other than replace it with a shorter one or trim it shorter? Unclear to me why it’s taken 6 years for the problem to appear. Anyone else had this problem?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts