Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My leaf seems get dirty very quickly, especially the rear of the car. Anyone any experience of fitting the Nissan mudguards? Do they work?

·
Registered
518 Posts
The simple answer is no, they may make a slight difference, but it’s the aero effects that mostly swirl the dirty air back up around the rear of the car making it as dirty so quickly, as is the case with many hatchbacks and SUVs. Mudguards simply do not change this behaviour, but may stop the wheels throwing dirt up around the arches and area immediate behind the wheel well. I can’t say they made any noticeable difference on my 24kWh Tekna when I owned one a few years back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I should have identified my car as the Mk II 40kWhr version. I've had hatchbacks and SUVs before but none have got as dirty as this car does so soon; the aerodynamics must be poor as the car can literally get dirty within 10 miles on a wet day. Annoyingly, the rear bumper gets filthy which is a problem for keeping your clothes clean when loading and unloading the boot.

Pity as we quite like the car apart from that, good size, range and performance. Fittings and interior are a bit basic and low end quality materials but I suppose that is a reflected in the price. List of optional extras and upgrades is very limited, I would have liked an adjustable steering column and brighter headlamps at the very least. I also don't need heated rear seats.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,478 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I should have identified my car as the Mk II 40kWhr version. I've had hatchbacks and SUVs before but none have got as dirty as this car does so soon; the aerodynamics must be poor as the car can literally get dirty within 10 miles on a wet day. Annoyingly, the rear bumper gets filthy which is a problem for keeping your clothes clean when loading and unloading the boot.

Pity as we quite like the car apart from that, good size, range and performance. Fittings and interior are a bit basic and low end quality materials but I suppose that is a reflected in the price. List of optional extras and upgrades is very limited, I would have liked an adjustable steering column and brighter headlamps at the very least. I also don't need heated rear seats.
Yes, I agree, the aerodynamics conspire to suck muck up and deposit it on the tailgate and rear window.

Pity Nissan didn't spend a few quid doing something about the way it's blown about in a cross wind too - makes it much less effortless to drive than it should be and is in calm conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts