Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour - Stonewashed Blue Metallic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bit of a weird question but I'm somewhat of an audiophile who likes my music to be nice and balanced. In my E-Golf Executive Edition with 9 speakers I lowered the bass by -2, raised the mids by +2 and lowered the treble by -2 after reading this article online: Volkswagen e-Golf audio review: A thumping sound system
I'm no expert but it seemed to help although vocals are still a touch recessed. Just wondering if anyone has any comments on the ID3's audio system. My ID3 is being delivered with the rear speakers and subwoofer and I'll probably go fiddling with the EQ as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tend to flip things the other way (on most car systems)......

Leave the mids at 0
Up the bass to roughly 1/2 of total range (e.g. 5 if a +/- 10 point scale)
Up the treble to roughly 1/4 of total range

Gives me a full sound - and whilst I might ‘fiddle’ beyond these basic settings these have been my go to start point for years!

I suspect, though, that EQ settings are a very personal thing...

Reactions: MarcusHogan

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
359 Posts
I only have the 4.1 speaker setup, but had an exchange on the UK Facebook group with a guy who happens to be a sound engineer - here's what he said:

A 3 band EQ is never going to give you much to play with, would try using the EQ settings on your phone if possible.

[in terms of the car EQ], I think from what I played around with the other day:

Bass = 250Hz Low Shelf
Mid = 2kHz Notch/Bell Filter
High = 10/15kHz High Shelf

I would start by playing around giving little boosts/cuts at 63/100/400/1000/8000/16000 whilst playing a track you know well, if you get low end distortion cut a little bit of 32

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,863 Posts
I only have the 4.1 speaker setup, but had an exchange on the UK Facebook group with a guy who happens to be a sound engineer - here's what he said:

A 3 band EQ is never going to give you much to play with, would try using the EQ settings on your phone if possible.

[in terms of the car EQ], I think from what I played around with the other day:

Bass = 250Hz Low Shelf
Mid = 2kHz Notch/Bell Filter
High = 10/15kHz High Shelf

I would start by playing around giving little boosts/cuts at 63/100/400/1000/8000/16000 whilst playing a track you know well, if you get low end distortion cut a little bit of 32
That's always the problem with sound in cars, there's never enough options to really adjust the sound.

I've got the standard set up in my ID3 without the rear speakers and that's never going to keep an audiophile happy whatever you do with the 'eq'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts