Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
New to the forum and PHEV but already learned a lot here from you guys so big thanks to all.
I was wondering if any one out there has the MUT 3 kit for hire ? Like a week hire or so ?
Can't afford £1600 for a second hand device just to use for few hours and Mitsubishi dealers won't hire nothing...
Anyone in South Wales got one ? :)
Cheers guys !

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Start with an App and a Bluetooth OBD2 interface, will give you the basic insight as to what is the battery state.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Freddy.
Yes I do have the watchdog already but my current obd2 unit doesn't work with the app so will get a different one soon. And I can't get the official Mitsubishi app to work no matter what so I gave up on it.first it was giving error that needed security updates and when Celtic Mitsubishi did the software update it now just won't connect to the phone at all... I have gx3 only anyway so no point having an app if I can't put the heating on :) flashing lights function via WiFi doesn't make a lot of sense to me so I won't bother with the Mitsubishi app. I know the " batmonev " can show the soh of each cell but it's expensive so I'll wait a bit and see what I can find in watchdog first. But will need MUT 3 anyway sooner or later . Lot can be seen and tweaked there from what i have learned so far so worth knowing if somebody have one for hire.
Cheers !

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PHEV Watchdog can also show per cell data.
Can it ? Wow. That's great !
Will be fantastic to see the actual state of the battery and then take it from there.
I will share my results once I have some data so you can guys compare with yours .

·
richi.uk
237 Posts
A good first step is to tap the blue card and screenshot the section of data headed Cells. This could give us an indication of whether you have a weak cell dragging down the overall health. For example, a good battery looks like this, with low cell Voltage differences at low state of charge:
good battery blue card.png

Also, if you're a paid app user (and if not why not?), then login and click phevwatchdog.net/cells-charts.php screenshotting the Cells Voltage table. For example, a good battery looks like this, with fairly even percentages in the Times column:
good-battery.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Richie.
Yes i am planning on donation of 5 euro as soon as I get the thing to work properly. And I know so far it's not the app that's playing up I know it's the obd 2 I currently have. Car seems ok on general and I am really happy with it. Shit on fuel when driven on ICE but hey .... Two tone of steel with small 2.0 ICE non turbo will drink a lot .... I guess the magic is to charge it up always and drive it gently. Got service soon but Mitsubishi quote was £366 so I guess I'll look elsewhere... They want £98.64 for hour of labour believe it or not ....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PHEV Watchdog can also show per cell data.
Hi Richi.
Got the Vgate icar Pro obd 2 reader today and tried the watchdog app with it.
Got it all up and running but I can't find the cell health status like you said is possible to see in watchdog as well ?
Do you remember what page is it on ?
Cheers !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts