Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't we have the radio muted when Sat-nav speaks, it happens when the phone is used, so why not.

Also, I have a regular journey which now has two sets of traffic lights where there used to be roundabouts, the map shows traffic light junctions but the Nav voice still instructs as if the roundabout is still there. Is it possible to update so that map & voice show & say the same thing?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It used to lower the volume of the drivfers speaker when the nav spoke, it was quite strange but to be honest I've now turned the nav voice off altogether, You won't be able to control it #muskknowsbest

The reason for the difference is the map you see is downloaded dynamically from Google, the nav map is from a different supplier and until a month ago myu car still had a 2019 map in it. Updates of the map are few and far between sadly and even if you can get the master map updated (some have said going onto tomtom and report the map changes), unless Tesla push out a new map you'll be on the old one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I do miss this feature from CarPlay. Also the ability to pause audio (rather than reduce volume) for audiobooks. Such a simple thing, but makes a huge usability difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts