Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan E-NV200 Tekna Panel Van, 24kWh Battery, Kia Soul EV 27 kWh, BMW i3 94ah REX
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m sitting outside the new workshop in The Hague (not Delft anymore) awaiting the owner of MUXSAN, Emilie, to arrive. He/they are fitting 3 items today:
(i) the 45kWh UBEX range extender with brand new Porsche Taycan cells.
(ii) The CCS upgrade (CHAdeMO will still work after this upgrade but the Type 1 socket will be relegated to history)
(iii) A 5 kWh pure sine wave inverter which allows 240 VAC to be drawn from the traction battery even when the van is switched off. This will be mounted on top of the motor/inverter/charger combo under the bonnet.

I had a brief meeting with Emilie last night and he showed me around his workshop and an install of the CCS upgrade on another ENV 200: it looks very professional.

.more to follow….

PS: they will supply a Type 1 to Type 2 adapter so that a Type 1 home charger can still be used.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
I’m sitting outside the new workshop in The Hague (not Delft anymore) awaiting the owner of MUXSAN, Emilie, to arrive. He/they are fitting 3 items today:
(i) the 45kWh UBEX range extender with brand new Porsche Taycan cells.
(ii) The CCS upgrade (CHAdeMO will still work after this upgrade but the Type socket will be relegated to history)
(iii) A 5 kWh pure sine wave inverter which allows 240 V AC to be drawn from the traction battery even when the fan is switched off. This will be mounted on top of the motor/inverter/charger combo under the bonnet.

I had a brief meeting with Emilie last night and he showed me around his workshop and an install of the CCS upgrade on another ENV 200: it looks very professional.

.more to follow….

PS: they will supply a Type 1 to Type 2 adapter so that a Type 1 home charger can still be used.
And the cost is....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is there a trick to getting a reply to an email or upgrade booking from Muxsan? We've not heard back 3 or so weeks later from ours - I'm assuming they're just very busy?
Edit - I've just seen their Twitter feed - just have to be patient. (An auto reply asking for patience would have been helpful)

·
Registered
Nissan E-NV200 Tekna Panel Van, 24kWh Battery, Kia Soul EV 27 kWh, BMW i3 94ah REX
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a trick to getting a reply to an email or upgrade booking from Muxsan? We've not heard back 3 or so weeks later from ours - I'm assuming they're just very busy?
Edit - I've just seen their Twitter feed - just have to be patient. (An auto reply asking for patience would have been helpful)
Perseverance 🙏

·
Registered
53 Posts
Goodluck (to all!), and thanks for sharing as many env200 owners are off course very interested in what Muxsan have been able to do.

A couple of questions;

1. On the picture that shows your Energy Economy Average, that score of 3.2; is that good or bad? I ask as when i got my van (6 years old with 20000 km on the clock) that reading was at 16.5, and now after about 3000 miles with me is reading 14.2. So i'm curious if i'm going in the right direction or not?

2. Can you show pictures of how the UBEX looks under your vehicle, as i'm not sure if they still put that large 45kWh upgrade under the rear wheel or not (like is there room for that big an upgrade).

I'm not sure how much you spent on the van initially, but that 14000 euro is a big investment that if on a regular ICE vehicle (where problems over time due to wear and tear are worse) could be seen as a 'waste'. Luckily EV's (if working well from the start) are longer term vehicles and the boost to your range will be fun to see (y)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Goodluck (to all!), and thanks for sharing as many env200 owners are off course very interested in what Muxsan have been able to do.

A couple of questions;

1. On the picture that shows your Energy Economy Average, that score of 3.2; is that good or bad? I ask as when i got my van (6 years old with 20000 km on the clock) that reading was at 16.5, and now after about 3000 miles with me is reading 14.2. So i'm curious if i'm going in the right direction or not?

2. Can you show pictures of how the UBEX looks under your vehicle, as i'm not sure if they still put that large 45kWh upgrade under the rear wheel or not (like is there room for that big an upgrade).

I'm not sure how much you spent on the van initially, but that 14000 euro is a big investment that if on a regular ICE vehicle (where problems over time due to wear and tear are worse) could be seen as a 'waste'. Luckily EV's (if working well from the start) are longer term vehicles and the boost to your range will be fun to see (y)
1. 3.2miles/kWh is pretty good for motorway speeds (60MPH indicated)
2. More pictures to follow….
3. To buy a van with well over 200miles of realistic range in the UK is around £60,000. It’s a no brainier to get the upgrade at £11,000’ish plus the CCS keeps it future proofed

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The UBEX fits in the space where the spare wheel used to be. There are 2 brackets to grind off and treat with rust inhibiting paint….

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Building Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Nissan e-NV200 Combi 40 kWh
164 Posts
What do you do for a spare wheel afterwards? Stow the full-size spare inside the van, likewise with a space-saver, or stock some containers of liquid tyre sealant?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is the completed UBEX installation. I’m leaving the van with Muxsan as there were a few parts not ready (the additional inverter to give 240 V AC to a 32 amp outlet) so I’m heading back to the UK and will pick up the van in a couple of weeks time. Have had a real enjoyable couple of days in the Hague hanging out with Emile and his crew. I had a lift back to the ferry terminal in the super ‘super leaf’: seeing 300 miles of range on the GOM was a revelation😀

·
Registered
e-NV200 40kW (2019.)
21 Posts
Wow, amazing :) i am thinking sometime in the near future to do UBEX 22 or 33kW and maybe 11kW AC 3phase mod.

Looking forward to your report when you collect enough of real world data with new bat ext :) Btw, you mentioned 45kW ubex? I can only see 11-33kW UBEX options on their site?

Best

1 - 20 of 56 Posts