Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Goodluck (to all!), and thanks for sharing as many env200 owners are off course very interested in what Muxsan have been able to do.

A couple of questions;

1. On the picture that shows your Energy Economy Average, that score of 3.2; is that good or bad? I ask as when i got my van (6 years old with 20000 km on the clock) that reading was at 16.5, and now after about 3000 miles with me is reading 14.2. So i'm curious if i'm going in the right direction or not?

2. Can you show pictures of how the UBEX looks under your vehicle, as i'm not sure if they still put that large 45kWh upgrade under the rear wheel or not (like is there room for that big an upgrade).

I'm not sure how much you spent on the van initially, but that 14000 euro is a big investment that if on a regular ICE vehicle (where problems over time due to wear and tear are worse) could be seen as a 'waste'. Luckily EV's (if working well from the start) are longer term vehicles and the boost to your range will be fun to see (y)

·
Registered
109 Posts
(iii) A 5 kWh pure sine wave inverter which allows 240 VAC to be drawn from the traction battery even when the van is switched off. This will be mounted on top of the motor/inverter/charger combo under the bonnet.

PS: they will supply a Type 1 to Type 2 adapter so that a Type 1 home charger can still be used.
Is this a 'custom' request from yourself? I see on their website they talk about not offering VTG options until later on, but is this a test version of that kind of thing, the output is from the van's main battery to a normal uk domestic outlet socket? Sounds very cool if so, all sorts of uses possible.

Also i'm glad you are keeping the home charging 'trickle charge' option, i think for most of these Lithium type batteries having a slow charge is part of extending the life of the batteries.

What kind of suspension upgrade did you need for that 45kWh UBEX? I think i forget to ask earlier on, but i assume you do need one?

I Look forward to your further stories on this upgrade and i'm sure you are eager to see the transformation to your usual 24kWh driving experience.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well they give an 'estimated' 347 Km's range on their website (from the combined 65.9kWh after that 45kWh UBEX upgrade), which is 215 miles, so Jack must be very happy to see that 237 miles range on his dash at 82% charge! That is awesome. I guess we are all looking forward to his detailed write-up about it, and i'm sure Muxsan are going to get a few more orders from this discussion (y)

For myself i've already plotted out the drive to Rotterdam; 930km's/16 hours drive! And will make a family vacation of it when it makes sense to do so.

·
Registered
109 Posts
£700 odd fuel costs saving per year is good stuff. Is the cost rise for charging in the UK across the board or is it specific networks? I wonder what is behind that, just speaking as we have not seen any price changes in the public networks around us here in Brittany (either the one-off connection price or the kwh price).

·
Registered
109 Posts
I’m beginning to suspect that the efficiency has improved quite considerably. Maybe the overall internal resistance of the battery pack/s has reduced. Whatever is causing the increased efficiency, it is very noticeable. I’ve been driving much more like other drivers than I was before the upgrade. Before the upgrade I would drive really carefully trying to eke out every mile.
The extra range making you 'relax' a bit more over your commute perhaps? It will be interesting to see how your overall energy/economy 'score' changes over time. It could also be something about the newer battery chemistry in that 45kWh pack perhaps? Whatever it may be i would just like to say thanks for sharing all this data with us other e-nv200 owners, it's very useful, and the guys at Muxsan should prepare for more orders.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah i agree on the roof bars being a great 'utility' improvement for the van. Mine is a family MPV, but i use it to haul stuff for home DIY projects etc, and when the dimensions just wont fit inside the roof bars are handy. I got the nissan ones (2 bar version) and i had wondered about the efficiency hit, not really noticing them much as i tend to not drive motorways, so it is good to see Jack discover where his small efficiency boost had come from :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts