Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan E-NV200 Tekna Panel Van, 24kWh Battery, Kia Soul EV 27 kWh, BMW i3 94ah REX
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Wow, amazing :) i am thinking sometime in the near future to do UBEX 22 or 33kW and maybe 11kW AC 3phase mod.

Looking forward to your report when you collect enough of real world data with new bat ext :) Btw, you mentioned 45kW ubex? I can only see 11-33kW UBEX options on their site?

Best
I don’t think there’s enough hours in the day for Emilie and his staff to keep up to date with the website.

·
Registered
52 Posts
(iii) A 5 kWh pure sine wave inverter which allows 240 VAC to be drawn from the traction battery even when the van is switched off. This will be mounted on top of the motor/inverter/charger combo under the bonnet.

PS: they will supply a Type 1 to Type 2 adapter so that a Type 1 home charger can still be used.
Is this a 'custom' request from yourself? I see on their website they talk about not offering VTG options until later on, but is this a test version of that kind of thing, the output is from the van's main battery to a normal uk domestic outlet socket? Sounds very cool if so, all sorts of uses possible.

Also i'm glad you are keeping the home charging 'trickle charge' option, i think for most of these Lithium type batteries having a slow charge is part of extending the life of the batteries.

What kind of suspension upgrade did you need for that 45kWh UBEX? I think i forget to ask earlier on, but i assume you do need one?

I Look forward to your further stories on this upgrade and i'm sure you are eager to see the transformation to your usual 24kWh driving experience.

·
Registered
Nissan E-NV200 Tekna Panel Van, 24kWh Battery, Kia Soul EV 27 kWh, BMW i3 94ah REX
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Is this a 'custom' request from yourself? I see on their website they talk about not offering VTG options until later on, but is this a test version of that kind of thing, the output is from the van's main battery to a normal uk domestic outlet socket? Sounds very cool if so, all sorts of uses possible.

Also i'm glad you are keeping the home charging 'trickle charge' option, i think for most of these Lithium type batteries having a slow charge is part of extending the life of the batteries.

What kind of suspension upgrade did you need for that 45kWh UBEX? I think i forget to ask earlier on, but i assume you do need one?

I Look forward to your further stories on this upgrade and i'm sure you are eager to see the transformation to your usual 24kWh driving experience.
Once I get the van back and have run around in it for a few days I will post extensive notes. Having the ability to power the house from the van is a really good option, also being able to dump two or three days worth of solar generation into the van is more usable to me than stationary batteries

·
ENV200 Owner
294 Posts
Fantastic! So near enough 300 miles on a full charge then? It will be interesting to see how it fairs. Hopefully trouble free for you. Very jealous.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well they give an 'estimated' 347 Km's range on their website (from the combined 65.9kWh after that 45kWh UBEX upgrade), which is 215 miles, so Jack must be very happy to see that 237 miles range on his dash at 82% charge! That is awesome. I guess we are all looking forward to his detailed write-up about it, and i'm sure Muxsan are going to get a few more orders from this discussion (y)

For myself i've already plotted out the drive to Rotterdam; 930km's/16 hours drive! And will make a family vacation of it when it makes sense to do so.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I’d say a realistic range of 230 miles in summer. It’s around 64kWh useable capacity, but the jury is still out on that number.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
One of the most beneficial side-effects of having a battery range extender is that a regular Chademo rapid charger maintains full speed right up to over 90% SOC.

Leafspy can’t figure out what’s going on and CarWings is way off the mark. It still works and can be used for preheating but, as a guide to state of charge, it is pretty useless now.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

Yes, you definitely need the suspension upgrade. It’s included in the UBEX installation. It’s pretty straightforward: a set of coil springs are added on top of the original leafsprings.

Emile has all the fittings and fixtures laser cut ready to fit: takes about an hour.

The benefits are that the van feels less bouncy even though it’s empty.

There is a payload penalty but, unless you regularly need to load up 700 kg in the back of your van, it shouldn’t be an issue.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts