Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the `My Ampera app' loaded onto my Android phone for a couple of months now but there is a problem with the app which makes it virtually useless.

Those parts of the app which are supposed to show the location of charging points and dealerships on a Google maps, don't work properly. Although little markers show the locations, there is no map shown, just a blank background.

Has anyone else tried using it?

Ralph

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
I haven't tried that one but have you tried the Open Charge Map android app? It works very well and OCM is always my preferred place to find charging stations.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Further to my first post, I have been liaising directly with the My Ampera app. developer Stuart Hall. He has now issued a couple of updates which have overcome the problems I mentioned. Thanks Stuart!

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
I have had the `My Ampera app' loaded onto my Android phone for a couple of months now but there is a problem with the app which makes it virtually useless.

Those parts of the app which are supposed to show the location of charging points and dealerships on a Google maps, don't work properly. Although little markers show the locations, there is no map shown, just a blank background.

Has anyone else tried using it?

Ralph
Does anyone know if this "My Ampera" App will also work with UK Volts? I cant seem to find a Volt equivalent issued by Chevrolet UK?

M

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Does anyone know if this "My Ampera" App will also work with UK Volts? I cant seem to find a Volt equivalent issued by Chevrolet UK?

M
Well there's nothing to work 'with'. It's simply an app which provides stuff like manual information, locations of charge points (which is incomplete). It doesn't link with the car in any way. The car related stuff is as relevant to the volt as to the Ampera, but the ability to contact the My Ampera helpline is Vauxhall specific. I installed this app when I got my car but never used it for anything, it's not very exciting.

Reactions: Brooktop

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Well there's nothing to work 'with'. It's simply an app which provides stuff like manual information, locations of charge points (which is incomplete). It doesn't link with the car in any way. The car related stuff is as relevant to the volt as to the Ampera, but the ability to contact the My Ampera helpline is Vauxhall specific. I installed this app when I got my car but never used it for anything, it's not very exciting.
So this app that talks to the car and lets you start preconditioning from bed, and other car functionality remotely via your mobile is USA only? We have nothing like it in the uk?

M

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I also installed it when I got my Ampera, frankly it seems completely pointless, but i hope it will be useful one day ;)
Agree with above. Never use it now. If they don't properly support the car, they're not going to bother about the app.

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
So this app that talks to the car and lets you start preconditioning from bed, and other car functionality remotely via your mobile is USA only? We have nothing like it in the uk?

M
Correct, no UK equivalent functionality at all. The only ways to talk to the car are either:
- Using OVMS, which Rick has mentioned previously or
- By plugging in a cheap OBD2 dongle and using something like the MyGreenVolt app. Myself and others are doing that, it works well. But only for showing what the car is doing, not for controlling preconditioning etc.

Reactions: Lee Dalton
1 - 9 of 9 Posts