Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Norwegian importer recently informed new owners that the A3 e-tron app and portal will be discontinued, and that all A3 e-tron app users will be merged over to my.audi.com app (MMI connect) and portal (thanks for the info Mobileum)
New cars produced after week 45/2015 are already using my.audi only, and not the crappy e-tron app.
Same thing for VW GTE owners currently using e-remote, will start using car-net instead (apparently as of yesterday in Norway).

For current A3 e-tron owners "more information is to come". Anyone heard anything in the UK etc.?

And by the way; Have anyone seen "myAudi special destinations" on the my.audi portal lately? I've used this service regularly for importing speed cameras as POIs to my MMI, but now it's suddenly gone. I've raised a support ticket with my local dealer about this.

I also noticed that the new Apple TV got a my.audi app in the app store. It would be cool to be able to watch the charge status etc. there! There even is a watch app.
Control your Audi with your Apple TV, if you want to

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got an email this morning from VW saying I should download the new car-net app. I thought maybe it was a mailing list error but they have quoted my VIN in the email so maybe there is an update coming soon. Anyone else get the email?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Strange that Audi didn't mention anything when I was with them on Wednesday. One of my main complaints was the app and they only diagnosed and fixed the LTE antenna because of this!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange that Audi didn't mention anything when I was with them on Wednesday. One of my main complaints was the app and they only diagnosed and fixed the LTE antenna because of this!
I agree. But at least you'll need a good working antenna for the new services as well. Did you also get the MMI upgrade, like I did when I complained about the same things?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I agree. But at least you'll need a good working antenna for the new services as well. Did you also get the MMI upgrade, like I did when I complained about the same things?
No, despite telling them that a MMI update was available, they didn't install it and I remain on MHIG_EU_AU_P1531_1. If you could list what differences the update has made for you, I could go back to Audi and question why they didn't upgrade.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I got the email this morning too

I have had a look on the play store, but can't find an update, everything seems to be up to date ?
This specific email was clearly targeted at VW GTE users, and sent to us by a mistake. But hopefully e-tron owners will receive the same type of email (with my.audi / MMI connect instead), within a short period of time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, despite telling them that a MMI update was available, they didn't install it and I remain on MHIG_EU_AU_P1531_1. If you could list what differences the update has made for you, I could go back to Audi and question why they didn't upgrade.
Too bad, and a bit strange that Audi apparently practice different solutions to the exact same problem depending on country (to my knowledge my antenna was never tested).
Unfortunately Audi does not disclose changelogs for their firmware to the "public". So I have no idea of what actually changed in the upgrade. However, I get much less sporadic charge errors in the app, so that definitely improved. But not being able to communicate with the car (antenna related?), is still happening sporadically, and did not improve much.
So looks like maybe we both got one problem fixed, but we're still stuck with the other (just vice versa)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just back from the workshop today, and thought to ask about the app and considerable down-time of the servers. Apparently, the 'merger', at least in Norway, from the e-tron app to the Audi connect app is scheduled for week 10/11. Acc. to the service guy, the merger should increase the stability, although I'm not fully convinced until I've seen it work!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Norwegian dealer confirmed the merge in writing yesterday, but would not give me any time specifics other that "near future".
They are now also telling me/us to wait with reporting issues regarding the app/portal until after the merge, to see if it improves then.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Does anyone know if it's possible to do the portal merger ourselves? I'm thinking de-registering my e-tron with the e-tron app (and web-page) and re-registering it with the my.audi app? Any experiences with this, @jetron , @tvb or @Erlingni ?
There is no solution as yet. If you are before wk45 build then your only solution is to run audi app and etron app along with accessing audi portal and etron portal via Web browser. I have been told by audi that it will be resolved mid year - but last year I was promised a fix by end december

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, I spoke with Audi Netherlands yesterday on the phone after I emailed [email protected] about the current issues I am having with their apps. I am unable to register my car in the Audi A3 etron iOS app (receiving an error, tells me to try again later) and also I don't see my car in the MMI connect app (which I was told had replaced the etron app).

The lady told me that since my etron is from MY2014 I still have to use the etron app (only etrons which are build after week 45 2015 can use the MMI connect app directly). The merger to the MMI connect app infrastructure for pre wk45 MY2015 etrons will be completed somewhere in 2016.

However, and here comes the kicker, there is an requirement to be able to register your car within the etron app it has to be registered within first 270 days after it has been build! Unfortunately I am the second owner of the car and it has obviously been long past these 270 days since the car has been build. So Audi AG (Germany) have to reset the counter before I can register the car again.

Now the current status for me is that Audi NL will make a request to Audi AG to reset the counter. By the way, the lovely lady told me that this process of resetting the counter will take place two times a day so it might take some time before I could register the car again but I am hopeful and awaiting patiently! Keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In Norway the dealer is now offering a free one year extended subscription to Audi Connect, because of all the issues. They had a general note on it from Audi Germany.
Originally it was three years, now extended to four. You can see when yours is expiring in MMI under Navigation --> Settings --> Online Traffic Data License. Mine still has its original expiration date, I guess the one year is added after expiration, maybe combined with a new activation.
Apparently the renewal is automatic, and the user does not have claim anything to get it (yet too see).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The etron portal services (timers etc.) are now available at my.audi.com, even though my car is produced before week 45/2015. So looks like the merge is happening now.

However, it is still impossible to authenticate the miles of the car to activate the new services. Hopefully this will be fixed by the time the merger becomes "official".

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got this today.
Your Audi A3 Sportback e-tron is moving soon.

Dear
Do you own an Audi A3 Sportback e-tron and manage your Audi connect e-tron services online or via the app?

Soon you will be able to do this in the myAudi Portal and via the Audi MMI connect app. Once your Audi A3 Sportback e-tron has moved to the myAudi Portal, you will have access (after registration, if relevant) to a wide range of additional attractive services and Audi connect services, such as travel and car park information*, in addition to all the usual options.

And the best thing: your Audi connect e-tron services will be extended by 10 years – at no further cost.

We hope you enjoy using the myAudi Portal and the Audi MMI connect app. More information on how to register for myAudi and on how to log in after the move will be sent in a separate email on the day of the move.

Note: During the move, access to the Audi connect e-tron services for your vehicle will be limited during the period from 23-25 September 2016. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please note that all trip data will be deleted at the time of conversion. The Audi A3 e-tron portal and the Audi A3 e-tron connect app will be deactivated once the move is complete.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I also received the email today (UK). We'll see how it goes.... meanwhile I was disappointed to see this paragraph:-

"Please note that all trip data will be deleted at the time of conversion"

I've enjoyed having all the data since I bought the car a year ago on the app, and will be sorry to lose all that history.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts