Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Business (570) will be sat idle now. I previously left it for two days and now from 28/12 13:00 till I’m guessing 02/01/21. Will see if the 12v dies. Interestingly it has been extremely icy around London recently and I noticed some people reported a defrosted section around their aerials, mine however was completely frozen, so my take is it has not been active.

This will be a good test for me as the ID is my only vehicle (not including my VW Type 2, as she only makes appearances in the summer) and I need a reliable car.

So far I have had some software glitches, the rear lights completely died on me (in the dark) and the infotainment froze for five minutes then rebooted. Also had the SOS warning. So nothing really major ‘touchwood’ but in the back of my mind is this 12v saga. Have I been lucky or not left the car idle for long enough.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
My Business (570) will be sat idle now. I previously left it for two days and now from 28/12 13:00 till I’m guessing 02/01/21. Will see if the 12v dies. Interestingly it has been extremely icy around London recently and I noticed some people reported a defrosted section around their aerials, mine however was completely frozen, so my take is it has not been active.

This will be a good test for me as the ID is my only vehicle (not including my VW Type 2, as she only makes appearances in the summer) and I need a reliable car.

So far I have had some software glitches, the rear lights completely died on me (in the dark) and the infotainment froze for five minutes then rebooted. Also had the SOS warning. So nothing really major ‘touchwood’ but in the back of my mind is this 12v saga. Have I been lucky or not left the car idle for long enough.
A number of people with various makes of car seem quite enthused with the BM2 battery monitor for checking the 12v battery while the car is turned off, which apparently is available at under £20 through ebay / Amazon...

·
EGGY
1,690 Posts
Are you going to get a Buzz Serge ?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you going to get a Buzz Serge ?
My idea is to sell my T2 this year. Ideally I'd like a Buzz but it depends how large it is. Will see how my ID fares first though.

A number of people with various makes of car seem quite enthused with the BM2 battery monitor.
I do not want to pay out for a battery monitor, no matter how cheap they are. If Volkswagen want to provide me with one free of charge then fine but monitoring the 12v is the job of the car not me. I'm just hoping my car tops itself up as required. My car is also not plugged in during this short term idle period.

Again, fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,802 Posts
My idea is to sell my T2 this year. Ideally I'd like a Buzz but it depends how large it is. Will see how my ID fares first though.

I do not want to pay out for a battery monitor, no matter how cheap they are. If Volkswagen want to provide me with one free of charge then fine but monitoring the 12v is the job of the car not me. I'm just hoping my car tops itself up as required. My car is also not plugged in during this short term idle period.

Again, fingers crossed.
Chances are it’ll be fine.

I’m sure more ID.3s than not are working as intended, outside of the Speak EV bubble.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, so 52 hours after I parked up I needed to use my car. Started up with no issues, no warnings or errors. Was prompted with the screen to go online or not.

I didn’t use the app for the duration of the last 52 hours and the surrounding area of the aerial was still frozen on these cold mornings. I will use the car again tomorrow evening and then it will rest up for another 50+ hours. Not that I want my car to fail but so far so good.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I pull up press park, then get out of the car. I turn anything g on or off from the screen. I’ll grab some screenshots of what appears on my main screens so we can see if this differs between cars/software.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have revised my getting out of the car procedure.

Pull up, with my foot on the brake the car selects auto hold then I simply get out. The handbrake is activated for me. I don't switch anything on or off from the main screen, same with my starting procedure, if the car is offline I let it sorts itself out, so far so good and no 12v issues. So far I have had a 48 hour, 58hour and now going for a 72 hour period where the car will not move. Sure I have had a few issues relating to the slow boot of the infotainment, shortcut buttons not working all the time but it will be resolved.

I am also assuming Volkswagen will introduce unlocking/locking by means of your mobile phone as this functionality existed in the old weconnect app for my Golf, unfortunately the golf did not support this feature. I am also hoping that phone unlocking/locking will also be by proximity, meaning another step less I have to perform when leaving the car. Lazy? Moi? ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have left car alone for several 3 days periods and so far all ok. Parking is brake, press button usually and then when walking away from car am hitting lock button so see mirrors move into park position.

have had ui restart sometimes when getting in, and also mixture of buttons such as mode, acc, climate not working. Seems to be in a default eco, classic climate state when this happens.

on good days its an amazing car, on the teenager days still good but not brilliant.

·
Registered
259 Posts
When I ended a journey, I would almost never get straight out of the car ... as I usually wanted to log the odometer/range/charge/mi-per-kwh etc.

I must admit that I always left it in online mode too. i wonder if that makes a difference?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.