Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Always wondered where they got the odd name from...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082869/

A film memorable as the only science fiction film where the astronauts shoot at each other with shotguns...

Alternatively...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/outlander-2008/id322163415

A film set in the fjords of ancient Norway where a "hellish, fire-breathing monster, the Moorwen ... kills everything in its path," and in which the hero "must work together with the tribe of fierce warring vikings to destroy the blood thirsty beast before it kills them all."

It's obvious that Moorwen is code for an ICE.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Always wondered where they got the odd name from...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082869/

A film memorable as the only science fiction film where the astronauts shoot at each other with shotguns...

Alternatively...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/outlander-2008/id322163415

A film set in the fjords of ancient Norway where a "hellish, fire-breathing monster, the Moorwen ... kills everything in its path," and in which the hero "must work together with the tribe of fierce warring vikings to destroy the blood thirsty beast before it kills them all."

It's obvious that Moorwen is code for an ICE.
Or alternatively something appearing on the scene ahead of its time
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3006802/

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Did the battery icon show "full"? That is really the only guide and based on your recent driving - the number of miles shown is VERY variable, I have so far since Nov 14th seen anything from 24 to 33 miles shown as a "full charge".
Yes it did and said had finished charging. Yesterday I got 31 miles EV range and it was a super cold day! Seems to rhyme or reason to how much it Charges the EV to but at least I am getting an Ave 28 miles EV range so i'm happy plus it runs on at least 3 miles on EV after the rangeometer says it is out of EV miles.

I think I was wondering if it is better to charge from flat or keep the batteries topped up?

I also read in the manual (I was waiting for the charge to finish as it took over 4 hours yesterday on 16A!?) that you have to run the engine a least once ever 2-3 months to stop the fuels corroding parts of the engine! Bad fossil fuels! :confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Can I ask other Outlander owners whether they have been been able to register these SSID/passwords as I have been trying to get Mitsubishi Remote Control activated for several weeks now. The sequence of 10 locks/unlocks seems a bit strange and the manual is somewhat vague. I took my Outlander to the local Mitsubishi dealer this morning so he tried to get it working on their demo car without success and then we tried it again on my own again without a result so he is getting back on to Mitsu to enquire. We tried various methods on both cars but failed to get the double beep recognising either his IPhone or my Samsung S5. So if anyone has succeeded what phone did it work with and is there an area network factor affecting things.
It's a bit of a shame because remote heating to clear icy windscreens is one of the great features of our Leaf and helps improve range but using the petrol engine of the Outlander to clear ice before you even set off pushes up the average mpg.
Which model do you have? The entry level Outlander GX3h doesn't have compatibility with the remote control app for some reason?! Does anyone else have the same and know why? A bit annoying!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
So having searched for the wifi SSID and password I called back the dealers who have now told me that the version of my Outlander PHEV doesn't have compatibility with the Remote Control App so that explains why I haven't been able to find the wifi SSID and password or connect no matter how quickly I press those buttons!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Did the battery icon show "full"? That is really the only guide and based on your recent driving - the number of miles shown is VERY variable, I have so far since Nov 14th seen anything from 24 to 33 miles shown as a "full charge".
Yes it showed full and the charging had finished. Wonder if its best to charge from flat or keep the batteries topped up?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yes it showed full and the charging had finished. Wonder if its best to charge from flat or keep the batteries topped up?
I not convinced it makes much difference.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Which model do you have? The entry level Outlander GX3h doesn't have compatibility with the remote control app for some reason?! Does anyone else have the same and know why? A bit annoying!
Yes mine is the mid range GX4h which has most features but not the Lane Departure' adoptive cruise controls etc which most reviewers seemed to have found irritating or not worth the extra £3-4k.
I had got used to the remote control heating of the LEAF and thought it really good feature but I suppose the heated seats and sunshine roof were factors in going above the base model. In practice the Outlanders remote isn't as effective as the LEAFs and I can't quite understand why when I use my mobile to switch it on from my lounge works some days and not others ( I always get it to work but some days I have to walk to my porch to connect)
At the moment it is below freezing and we have about 3 inches of snow, so I am using the remote preheat to clear frosted windscreens every morning, but it seems a big car to heat up compared to the LEAF so the heated seats are really appreciated. So much so that bought one of those cheap heated seat covers for the LEAF from Lidl which runs off the 12v cigarette lighter. It only takes about 9 w but gives noticeable heat after a couple of minutes - may only last one winter though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Hello fello PHEVers.

My driver side wing mirror got knocked by a massive horse box and destroyed the coloured (white in my case) plastic backing cover and cracked the clear plastic piece. Mitsubishi have quoted £70.99 +VAT for the back cover and £81.39 +VAT for the clear plastic bit! Does anyone know of any more affordable spare parts for the PHEV Outlander? Seems very expensive for two simple bits of plastic! Considering a whole new wing mirror is about £300? And there are so many out there today and on the way!

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
1,304 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi, just trying to link my phone to the car (second owner) and I get a page saying 'registration error' the maximum number of device registrations has been exceeded, please delete one.
How do I do this?

·
Registered
675 Posts
61 - 75 of 75 Posts