Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - guess what? Another Outlander PHEV noob! Just wanted to say hello - I will be guzzling up all the info I can on here and maybe asking the odd question - it's a bit of a minefield for someone new to the EV world. Haven't got the car yet - just waiting for a date - I'm expecting it to be Septemberish so plenty of time to get up to speed and hopefully get my charging point installed (I'm in the UK) - although reading the forums on that I'm not going to asusme I'll still get it for free!

Thanks for all future help provided!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Hi Webbo,
I don't know much about the Outlander but it looks like a great vehicle, feel free to tell us loads!
I think you'll be ok for a free charger!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Webbo

What made you plump for an Outlander PHEV out of the options?
I currently have a zafira and was looking to replace it - I have a company car allowance and have never used it - when I saw the Outlander PHEV it ticked a lot of boxes for me and when I looked into all the figures, it was actually quite attractive for me to lease the car. This will be my only car and my first of this type so wasn't quite ready to go full EV, needed something of a decent size and this appears to be the best value option for the type of car it is at the moment. I have a 4 year lease so I'm expecting in 4 years that either the next Outlander will be even better or there will be many more cars to choose from - I really sense the tide is turning for such vehicles. I see so many Priuses about, it's obvious there is plenty of demand for these type of cars and I hope there will be something bigger than a prius and smaller than an outlander to choose from next time (that isn't the Prius+)..

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I had a test of the Outlander but decided I didn't need 4x4 and the relatively slow 0-60 time put me off...otherwise it's (another) game changer. Loved the i3 but too pricey and not enough range for long journeys. The Ampera ticked all the right boxes for me (including price).

Welcome to the forum...you'll get lots out of it.

Reactions: h8ten

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think you will be lucky with the free home charge point. Already had one for my Ampera but followed the links from the Outlander site via British Gas and am having another fitted at my sisters house next week. As well as allowing me to charge on my visits I am quietly confident that it will be the tipping point (great programme) for her to go electric. Win Win.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Hi Webbo,
I don't know much about the Outlander but it looks like a great vehicle, feel free to tell us loads!
I think you'll be ok for a free charger!
Hi Mike - whereabouts in Nottm are you and what colour is yours? I'll keep my eye out for you.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Hi Mike - whereabouts in Nottm are you and what colour is yours? I'll keep my eye out for you.
Just to keep this thread on topic I've replied via messaging.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I currently have a zafira and was looking to replace it - I have a company car allowance and have never used it - when I saw the Outlander PHEV it ticked a lot of boxes for me and when I looked into all the figures, it was actually quite attractive for me to lease the car. This will be my only car and my first of this type so wasn't quite ready to go full EV, needed something of a decent size and this appears to be the best value option for the type of car it is at the moment. I have a 4 year lease so I'm expecting in 4 years that either the next Outlander will be even better or there will be many more cars to choose from - I really sense the tide is turning for such vehicles. I see so many Priuses about, it's obvious there is plenty of demand for these type of cars and I hope there will be something bigger than a prius and smaller than an outlander to choose from next time (that isn't the Prius+)..
Thanks Webbo

I'm just coming to the end of an Ampera test drive and initially ruled the PHEV (turned down the invite to the launch event)

I think I might pop down to my local dealer and have a proper look this weekend, I had a Mitsubishi before, both the car and service were great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts