Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a model 3 SR+ for about 60 hours. I fell in love.

Then gave it back, because no one knows what's going to happen, and it was by far the most sensible option.

Found this on my drive yesterday 馃槅

Registered
So I had a model 3 SR+ for about 60 hours. I fell in love.
You mean you bought it and then returned it under the 7 day/1000 mile return policy?

What happens to those cars? They are used and can't be sold as new again, can't reset the odometer. Auction? Pre-owned on Tesla web site?

Registered
You mean you bought it and then returned it under the 7 day/1000 mile return policy?

What happens to those cars? They are used and can't be sold as new again, can't reset the odometer. Auction? Pre-owned on Tesla web site?
Tesla will probably list them on their inventory site with the relevant mileage eventually.

Registered
I heard you can't buy another similar car from them after you reject one, at least for a while. You could always look for it on the used Tesla site in a few months and get your partner to buy it cheap!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7

Yep - as I didn't take it for a test drive, I was able to return it under their 7 day policy. And I felt awful for doing so.

And I will admit took a lot of willpower. It's one hell of a car. The reviews aren't wrong.

Registered
Yep - as I didn't take it for a test drive, I was able to return it under their 7 day policy. And I felt awful for doing so.

And I will admit took a lot of willpower. It's one hell of a car. The reviews aren't wrong.
That's an interesting point. Is the policy suspended now? I mean if you got near it then it's potentially contaminated...

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
That's an interesting point. Is the policy suspended now? I mean if you got near it then it's potentially contaminated...
I had an email from the staff saying "they'd see what they could do".

I am half tempted to ask if they can hold onto it for 6 months, but I doubt it'll hang around for that long. There will be a model 3 drought shortly, post factory closure.

Registered
I had an email from the staff saying "they'd see what they could do".

I am half tempted to ask if they can hold onto it for 6 months, but I doubt it'll hang around for that long. There will be a model 3 drought shortly, post factory closure.
You should definitely consult with them because I hear they ban you from buying another one if you return it. So is it still at your property? Because I think legally you would need to insure it and pay road tax if it wasn't 拢0 until they take it back.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
You should definitely consult with them because I hear they ban you from buying another one if you return it. So is it still at your property? Because I think legally you would need to insure it and pay road tax if it wasn't 拢0 until they take it back.
I had advance warning of the lockdown so we drove it back to Bristol on Monday afternoon.

Registered
Covid19 only survives on surfaces for a limited time. Once the car's been parked up for a few days it'll be 'clean' anyway.
I dunno, the CDC published a report saying that they found RNA on surfaces of a cruise ship two weeks after everyone left.

Registered
I dunno, the CDC published a report saying that they found RNA on surfaces of a cruise ship two weeks after everyone left.
Yes, fragments, not viable virus. This is perfectly normal as the virus 'decomposes' apparently. It takes a whole virus to be able to infect.

Registered
...we drove it back to Bristol on Monday afternoon.
You have my sincere sympathies!

In all honesty any grown-up financial advisor would probably have advised me to do the same thing when I got mine 6 months ago. But I didn't, and I'd lose so much on selling it in the current climate that it looks like I'm stuck with it, come hell or high water..!

Ah well...:unsure:

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
You have my sincere sympathies!

In all honesty any grown-up financial advisor would probably have advised me to do the same thing when I got mine 6 months ago. But I didn't, and I'd lose so much on selling it in the current climate that it looks like I'm stuck with it, come hell or high water..!

Ah well...:unsure:
What a car to be stuck with though, eh?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts