Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,868 Posts
And no, I didn't ask what the range was.
Probably greater than my LEAF. :rolleyes: With self-driving technology it should be possible to get it to follow the milkman like the horse (and cart) did previously.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hmm, that's some kind of side-loading version, my old version was open to rear with two poles on each rear corner supporting roof and a beam across the back at number plate height where we could stand on as the driver moved forward and we hopped on and off to deliver. Except the morning it was cold and the pole was slippy and I fell off the beam and slammed my face into the milk crates. I guess health and safety did away with both child workers (I was 13) and the ability to ride it from the back!

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,678 Posts
This has to be the EV equivalent of a vintage car!
There will be annual milk float rallies before long all over the country.

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,566 Posts
Back in the day, when I was a 14, after a heavy weekend night out me and my mates would regularly stop by a milk float out on its round and get some pints of milk. Then watch the sun come up on the beach drinking them to sober up. Those were the days no ID for pubs and clubs then you just had to look old enough to get served.

·
Registered
518 Posts
One morning we were delivering the milk around 6am when a guy came out of a house carrying a TV. We were a bit sleepy so didn't immediately twig he was a burglar, but after we cottoned on we made hot pursuit. Even carrying an old style CRT TV he still outran our milk float....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts