Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted last week that I was expecting delivery of my leaf last Friday and after some problems with delivery I was due some upgrades.

So I now have my car, sold as soon as I drove, so easy quiet and quick.

My upgrades were a bit of a mystery as the dealer didn't actually know what I was getting as they explained that the Sunderland factory are having some problems manufacturing the Visia at the moment but they found me a car that was a better spec.

It transpires that there is in fact a problem at the factory with manufacturing parts for the visia and I ended up with a new car that was cancelled by a company in Nov.

My upgrades ended up being, SatNav with Nissan Connect, rapid charge port and 6.6KW charger. All in about £2k worth of equip which obviously I'm grateful for!

My best story is I had the car on the drive for an hour charging it up with my chargemaster charger and I had 3 knocks at the door by complete strangers wanting to have a look and sit in it! If this transpires to be sales the dealer gives me £100 per recommendation!!!! I could be onto something here!!!!

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Hum! My dealer offered me only £50 per recommendation that lead to a sale. I see my neighbours looking at the new LEAF on my drive but none have directly admitted to me their interest yet. My 91 year old mother loves riding in it and there is EV envy from the male pavement electric chariot drivers who live in the same sheltered accommodation as her. They gather round to look at the car in the car park when I visit Mum. You have done well all on all counts. Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Nice result ... although worth pointing out it is not legal to drive the Leaf along the pavement so those who are looking to upgrade their mobility scooter for something a bit racier are out of luck :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts