Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - just letting you know i have just finished writing an exhaustive blog today about all the different settings inside the MMI settings on the Zoe ZE50 Ph2 (yes it took me nearly all day!) and it is very long sorry, you might want to sit down with a cup of tea and a digestive , but if you do have time can you whizz over to my wordpress blog and tell me what you think please?

Changing infotainment MMI settings on Zoe ZE50 EV with DDT4ALL ….

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135
2 Posts
ZE50 owner here.
Thank you for all the detailed info! It's very interesting.
Can you give a bit more detail about the MEX settings? Do you think anything interesting can be changed in there?
Also quite curious about the wifi settings. Why would a Zoe have wifi? Creating an access point?
And trying wireless Android auto is very tempting...

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
646 Posts
On UK models the pedestrian sound doesn’t work in reverse, but I believe it does in mainland European cars, is this configurable ?

Just realised you did it this investigation on a ZE50 but have a 22kWh version, have you stolen a demo model ?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ZE50 owner here.
Thank you for all the detailed info! It's very interesting.
Can you give a bit more detail about the MEX settings? Do you think anything interesting can be changed in there?
Also quite curious about the wifi settings. Why would a Zoe have wifi? Creating an access point?
And trying wireless Android auto is very tempting...
Thank you. The detail about the MEX is that its adjusts a lot on the Renault multi-sense kind of things , I am sure a lot of things may be able to be changed in there (but its all guesswork sorry because I havent got a ZE50 , and it don't ever look like I will ever be able to afford a ZE50 and certainly any time soon, its a bummer I know - so all I can really do is go into the DDT4ALL settings and note down all the settings that I can see that possibly can be changed (once you have got past the firewall if they have implemented on your particular car)

The wi-fi settings are 5ghz i believe and is used for internet apps on the easy connect, FOTA updates for the system .. and if I am correct maybe for the wireless android auto feature (i though wireless android auto just relied on bluetooth and android 11onwards, but i was corrected by someone who says that to use wireless android auto your infotainment has to have wi-fi connectivity, the bandwidth required would be too much for bluetooth to handle. - its possible as well the wi-fi talks to renault server for checking the range remotely and also initiating the precon and charging remotely .

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On UK models the pedestrian sound doesn’t work in reverse, but I believe it does in mainland European cars, is this configurable ?

Just realised you did it this investigation on a ZE50 but have a 22kWh version, have you stolen a demo model ?
it makes you wonder - however I think it could be in another ECU rather than the MMI ecu ... maybe the BCM module in the ZE50 maybe . I havent looked - if you were in a country where it was required or legal to have VSP noise in reverse there would not be a setting in the MMI touchscreen anyway to turn it on or off I should think- I would imagine you either enable it in the BCM or other ECU module.

haha :D no, I haven't got a ZE50 ,cannot even see myself ever having one the way my finances are most of the time , I suppose I am lucky enough at this stage to even own a 22kw version zoe , Maybe thats the only way I will get a ZE50 if I stole one! (Joke LOL :D )

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
909 Posts
On UK models the pedestrian sound doesn’t work in reverse ...
Indeed it doesn't. This is because it is a legal requirement that "No person shall sound, or cause or permit to be sounded, on a road any reversing alarm fitted to a vehicle (a) unless the vehicle is a goods vehicle which has a maximum gross weight not less than 2000 kg, a bus, engineering plant, or a works truck ...". Note that this is not a construction regulations, but an imposition on the operator. Of course, that is the law, so car manufacturers don't fit or disable a reversing sound for the UK. But I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted for fitting one one of the reversing light bulbs with an integrated sounder.

See: The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986

I think that there are ongoing discussions about removing this restriction but, as far as I know, the above regulations are still in force.

However, it appears that Tesla may have enabled a reversing sound on recently produced cars (at least the Model 3) as part of meeting EU requirement for a pedestrian warning sound for EVs. But they've forgotten to turn off the reversing sound for the UK!

·
Zoe Devotee
9,392 Posts
Indeed it doesn't. This is because it is a legal requirement that "No person shall sound, or cause or permit to be sounded, on a road any reversing alarm fitted to a vehicle (a) unless the vehicle is a goods vehicle which has a maximum gross weight not less than 2000 kg, a bus, engineering plant, or a works truck ...". Note that this is not a construction regulations, but an imposition on the operator. Of course, that is the law, so car manufacturers don't fit or disable a reversing sound for the UK. But I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted for fitting one one of the reversing light bulbs with an integrated sounder.

See: The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986

I think that there are ongoing discussions about removing this restriction but, as far as I know, the above regulations are still in force.

However, it appears that Tesla may have enabled a reversing sound on recently produced cars (at least the Model 3) as part of meeting EU requirement for a pedestrian warning sound for EVs. But they've forgotten to turn off the reversing sound for the UK!
MG ZS Makes the same noise going backwards as going forwards.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line & Hyundai Ioniq 38kW Premium
59 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts