Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kona 64
847 Posts
Snap, well almost. I bought mine last Autumn from the same company. Mine has acquired a lot more stuff. The emergency starter pack for the 12V battery. Needed when the battery played up last month. Now on my 3rd ,12V battery. Plus emergency triangle and anything else which I can take out of the boot. They seem to have simplified the shape since I bought mine.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Electronic instrument

I foolishly waited 3 years before getting one. Its so quick and easy to access the charging cable isn’t it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fantastic! I’m finding that there is a little squeak when I drive though. The spigot closest to the front and to the left (as per the angle in my image) doesn’t sit within the plastic frunk. I’m wondering if I’m missing a trick?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi All,

Really interested in this.

Any thoughts on how Hyundai react when you take it for service? Or do you remove it for that?

Any risk of the warranty being invalidated?

And lastly - thank you for your patience with me - is it easy enough for a DIY numb-nuts to fit?

Let us know if you can fix the squeak!

·
Registered
Kona 64
847 Posts
I do not have any squeaks with mine. I can not remember but I might have loosened one or two of the screws holding the rubber pads it sits on, putting it in place then tightening. Its a snug fit and needs a definite push to locate it which probably helps. I have also cut down an old footwell rubber mat to fit inside. Just to keep it clean and in good condition for the day I move on and put it on eBay. The Kona is a great car but at 4 years old come September its time to start looking for something with a slightly bigger boot. The frunk has helped though.

As regards the other thread, yes I remove it at service time, as much because it contains a lot of valuable stuff. I do not see any warranty issues, the Ioniq5 gets a frunk as standard. The only time the frunk gets warm is when there is hot sun on the bonnet, so it actually protects the inverter! AC charging causes no appreciable increase in temperature and its only when AC charging that the invertor has to do any real work. As regards fitting its as easy as removing the ‘decorative’ shield. You just need to line up with the pins, which are not easy to see when its nearly in place. No tools required unless one of the rubber bungs need adjusting. Rates 9 out of 10 for being easy to fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All,

Any thoughts on how Hyundai react when you take it for service? Or do you remove it for that?

And lastly - thank you for your patience with me - is it easy enough for a DIY numb-nuts to fit?

I will definitely remove the frunk when taking it for a service. I doubt the warranty would be invalidated as the frunk sits on the 4 spigots that the battery cover sits in, no alternations are made to the car. You can pop the frunk off within seconds.

So easy to fit! I did it in a bout 2 minutes.

So I contacted the supplier, they said that the frunk I ordered is of a new design and that I am one of the first customers to receive it so I am the first to provide feedback. They were very prompt with responding back with my concern with the squeak. It seems that one leg is not sitting correctly in the spigot that protrudes up. I have sent them pictures of the hole in the leg so they can confirm if that is the issue.

Let me know if you want some images of how it fits, happy to take some pics for you.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hi All,

I made my own out of a couple of seed trays and fixed it onto the "super hero" shield with stick on Velcro. :)
Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts