Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I just want to say to it, turn on only when below X amount. Regardless of anything else.
Also support for a negative number as you can't go below 0 currently.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I just want to say to it, turn on only when below X amount. Regardless of anything else.
Also support for a negative number as you can't go below 0 currently.
Are you sure?

I mean, you might never get a charge, if you don't know what the prices are.

And if you do look at what the prices are, why not just press the half hours you want straight away? Else, you have to go back to a screen, then type in a number, then find it isn't enough half-hour charges so you have to go back to the price screen because you forgot what they were, look the prices up again, go back... etc.....

If you just had a screen of the next day's half hour charges, you can start at the cheapest price, click, next, click, next, click, etc.. then, oh, I now have 3hrs / 30 miles / 20% (you might have a choice to select what the screen shows you) and that's enough, don't need to click on any more 30 min charges

·
Registered
706 Posts
After reading this I'm glad I have a dumb charger. Half of me is fascinated with the possibilities of such devices but the other half can't be bothered learning how to work it or figuring out glitches to save pennies :ROFLMAO:

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well, I'm half with you, it is not like I am paying anything, really. I needed a reliable type 2 charging means and didn't want to have to keep unplugging one lead into/from the charge point if I went anywhere and wanted to take the lead with me. So at £199 it is a cheap lead, outright, and can be used dumb.

But once one has a thing, one tends to explore it, a little.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Its always going to be an issue scrooge but im just happy if we can help improve the app and make it more user friendly for new owners :)

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
138 Posts
Are you sure?

I mean, you might never get a charge, if you don't know what the prices are.

And if you do look at what the prices are, why not just press the half hours you want straight away? Else, you have to go back to a screen, then type in a number, then find it isn't enough half-hour charges so you have to go back to the price screen because you forgot what they were, look the prices up again, go back... etc.....

If you just had a screen of the next day's half hour charges, you can start at the cheapest price, click, next, click, next, click, etc.. then, oh, I now have 3hrs / 30 miles / 20% (you might have a choice to select what the screen shows you) and that's enough, don't need to click on any more 30 min charges
Having tomorrows prices come up in the Ohme app and being able to simply select the half hours you want would be great, but I expect would be some major app work for Ohme. However, Kingpleb's simple option (which is how I assumed it was going to work in the first place) might have a realistic chance of being done tomorrow with a bit of code change, as all the UI components appear to be already there (I'm not a software programmer). And, in "never charge above" and "limit charging over a certain cost" it tells you the half hours you'll get a charge against the price you put in, so you can just look at Agile prices once, decide on a unit price starting point and then just keep tweaking the unit price in that menu to suit, so I don't think it'd be as much of a faff as you think Donald (I appreciate that you might have slightly differing requirements to others).

NB I should keep pointing out that I haven't actually even used the app yet as I'm still waiting (since January) for my smart meter. so some of the stuff I write is from interpreting others experiences.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Some slight thread resurrection...I've just bought one of these devices (Commando / Type 2). Turned up almost before I'd ordered it, very impressive. I'll have the Commando socket installed this weekend, all being well. All I need it for is to charge my car when I plug it in and stop charging it when the car's had enough (charge limit or car timer, as I choose). Beginning to think I've made a mistake by even telling the app I've got the unit as I'll kick off all sorts of nonsense with schedules and prices that (at this stage) I have no need for or interest in.

Therefore question - if I delete all schedules in the app, will it just work as a dumb charger? If so, all is well...thanks.

Reactions: Scrooge

·
Registered
381 Posts
Great - thank you. The thread may now RIP...although I will add my very small voice to the (much louder) ones calling for a better / simpler app 😉

41 - 50 of 50 Posts