Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 iOn finally arrived in Malta today after a rather interesting trip from the UK - long story LOL

However I just found something weird on the tonight - I was changing out the interior light to a much brighter LED one and accidentally blew the fuse. Didn't bother much as I was going to pick one up tomorrow but then I found out the car wouldn't charge.

Replaced the fuse and the car starts charging - no mention of this in the handbook!

So the info is there in case anyone else can't work out why there car won't charge as well as the interior light not working.

·
Registered
342 Posts
That's strange. I suspect ours had spent a lot of time on dealers forecourts as when we first got it (October 2015) there were lots of odd electrical problems (all minor things fed by the 12v battery) and the interior light wouldn't work at all.

A few charges later and all was fine - and the light still works now.

We did nearly flatten the 12v batt last winter when wife was waiting car with radio on. The interior light went awol again until the 12v battery had a decent charge in it.

Btw was it an easy job amd what bulb went in ? Lots of taxis round here have a bright led interior light amd it would be a good upgrade for ours.

The electrics on it are interesting. .....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally, i'm not crazy! I have the same issue... do you remember what is the fuse number? I have checked the 25, that is the radio, and is fine!
My radio is dead, i can't charge with my home charger, my estimative battery is reseting and also the trips kms...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts