Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having lots of problems with the car saying battery charge impossible. The car last night right out of the blue went dead but the dash was still on, flashing warnings at me saying electrical system check required, Hill start assist failure, electrical motor failure, and I had the car in D but the dashboard was saying I was in p park, I had to drift over the lanes with no power and no Breaks, 2 cars missed me by inches. I was so lucky I was not hit. Renalut said that the inverter has failed and the gearbox sensors have gone wrong as well. Iv done 5911 miles and most of that is motorway and that's with the 3 kids and the girlfriend in the car. Renalut could not understand why I got upset after they said its a known problem. As they told me the Kangoo ev van has had the gearbox sensors replaced two times and that's only done 106 miles so they laughed and said I'm doing well. I'm so angry do they not understand if that happened on the motorway we could all get killed.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Most manufacturers would panic in the face of a potential PR disaster like this.You could push for either a refund or a replacement vehicle. Personally I'd be properly kicking off on all the social networks.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Sorry to hear of your scary event in your Zoe.

I am curious though... is there some relevance to you calling them "Renalut" instead of Renault or is that just a typo?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Sorry just a typo was making the kids dinner at the same time
Thought so :) Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I have noticed that on my phone if I make a typo once then it "corrects" my correct spelling next time. Very annoying!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Never liked Renaults electrics so many faults come across from owners cars, why don't they share the exact setup as the Leaf? but then there would be no comparisons from the two.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Over all the zoe has better range and chargers really fast on the 22kw and the 43kw chargers,iv had over 130+ miles out of it. You just have to get it to work first LOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
The best i could find was Renault estimates that in suburban use, the Zoe can achieve around 100 km (62 mi) in cold weather and 150 km (93 mi) in temperate conditions at best.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
No it's range on the web site says 130 miles, but they say in real world conditions 60 in the cold and 90 in temperate climate. At 1 degree I hit 105miles and Renault toke photos of it,and I hit 137miles in warm weather doing 60mph all motorway with 3kids and my gf in the car, you can feel free to call hook in Basingstoke and ask about a small black Zoe that came from Milton Keynes. I've driven the leaf and even though I like the car a lot I only got 82 miles max out of it. Plus I like the back up of a 22kw charger on the Zoe full charge in 40 min approximately, 4/5hours on a 22kw for the leaf, but it swings and roundabouts as I'm sure you like the three pin charge cable which the Zoe does not have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Zoe Here is the Renault Zoe Wiki
If you go on to Renaults web site and download the brochure for the Zoe it states it's 130miles range I hope that helps, I put the link in for you
http://brochures.renault.co.uk/PDF/Zoe.pdf

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hmmm, sounds like an incident I had this morning - dashboard lit up like a christmas tree briefly with a warning/error message about "Electrical" something-or-other, but then it cleared up straight away. However the airbag warning light had come on (like when you start up) and the speed limiter had reset - again, as if you'd just turned it on. Basically it looked like the car rebooted itself; fortunately there was no loss of control. This time...

Considering it's just spent three weeks having a brake failure fixed (brake control unit got replaced) I'm not looking forward to having to lose it again - I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again.

Couldn't agree more on the way Renault treat their customers, I've had a terrible experience and will never recommend them. On the plus side, I've got so fed up of Renault that I've already ordered an i3 to replace it - just six months to go and I'll be Renault-free! Be interesting to see how much I get for the Zoe...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With every thing that has gone wrong with my car, they have had it 3 half months in total, 22 faults from software updates to full System failures, the car has lost all Control twice now the Second time it happened it was on the motorway I lost everything and the car went dark I had no breaks or steering, after drifting for about 20 seconds the car rebooted it self. I got a ombudsman involved and after waiting 12 weeks he finds Renalut not at fault. The total cost in repairs to keep the car on the road is now £7500 they have just put a new BCP unit that has cost them over £1600, how the hell do they make money on them am I just unlucky the repairs sheets are as thick as the Yellow Pages. I was reading the replies from Renault to the ombudsman and they lied something rotten but he said he has to take them at face value. Renalut called me today and said sorry for all the trouble we have caused you would you like a free granny charger, they are real cheeky sods. As soon as I can do voluntary termination I will had it back to them and wipe my hands clean of them, I have never hated a company so much

1 - 20 of 53 Posts