Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

241 - 260 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you go into the "Car Info"->"System"->"Software Update" section it will tell you when the last update was. We have 2 ZE50 attached to my app and one is showing the range right and one is showing it wrong so it must be a car update that was done. Need to get them both back in and see what versions they on.
Nope, doesn't show any "last update" info and manually checking for an update tells me there isn't one.

The app wasn't working yesterday and is today. The last app update was 2nd July.

It must be something on the backend that has been changed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
App has reverted back. This morning it was showing my ZE40 mini car on the front page. Now its back to showing me the rainbow graph with the charge level with launch climate button.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nope, doesn't show any "last update" info and manually checking for an update tells me there isn't one.

The app wasn't working yesterday and is today. The last app update was 2nd July.

It must be something on the backend that has been changed.
Think it depends on firmware version - quite possibly there's a new level being rolled out (depending on what mods the firmware is to upgrade) and the menu has been reconfigured to show the last update in that one. Presently (unless today) for a 135 GT with winter pack it is still not showing the last update (for me anyhow)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just spent a rather boring day at the garage who sold the car to give them a chance to see if they could fix the preconditioning and programmed climate control issues.
No joy but they did fix the tailgate rattle without grinding anything.
Zoe is now booked in for three days to give them a second go at it
Interesting finding is that you can hear a definite click in the car when you initiate the preconditioning from the app but no activity in the car other than this.

·
Vendor
1,648 Posts
They wont be able to fix it, tell them to look at Actis solution 61355. Basically tells the dealer that Renault know about the pre-conditioning fault, something to do with an incorrect configuration in the UCH computer. There has been a fix in the factory since start of June, so new ones coming through should work. They are now developing a field fix, slightly more complicated when dealing with cars that are in use with data in as opposed to just flashing clean computers. We have been told the field fix will be out by end of August, I am hoping it will be before then

·
Registered
15,859 Posts
Just spent a rather boring day at the garage who sold the car to give them a chance to see if they could fix the preconditioning and programmed climate control issues.
No joy but they did fix the tailgate rattle without grinding anything.
Zoe is now booked in for three days to give them a second go at it
Interesting finding is that you can hear a definite click in the car when you initiate the preconditioning from the app but no activity in the car other than this.
Why are you wasting your time? It’s a backend issue. The garage won’t be able to fix it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why are you wasting your time? It’s a backend issue. The garage won’t be able to fix it.
For me it’s not the preconditioning issue it’s also the programmed air con that’s failed and that is not a universal problem in U.K. Zoe’s others on this site with similar aged Zoe’s have that working. I needed to raise the issue at the earliest date so they are aware. They want to try and fix it.
I doubt they can but am happy to let them try.
They fixed the rattle in the boot using their own fix that they developed during lockdown. I think the engineer likes a challenge.

·
Registered
542 Posts
For me it’s not the preconditioning issue it’s also the programmed air con that’s failed and that is not a universal problem in U.K. Zoe’s others on this site with similar aged Zoe’s have that working. I needed to raise the issue at the earliest date so they are aware. They want to try and fix it.
I doubt they can but am happy to let them try.
They fixed the rattle in the boot using their own fix that they developed during lockdown. I think the engineer likes a challenge.
Dis they say what their fix was for the click sound from the rear of the car

·
Vendor
1,648 Posts
For me it’s not the preconditioning issue it’s also the programmed air con that’s failed and that is not a universal problem in U.K
it is a problem with all isnt it? I haven’t seen one work yet

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just went to check mine (GT Line + Winter Pack) to see I have no update due. One thing I did notice was as the car started up the temperature app was showing centigrade - and then it all went wrong as it changed to fahrenheit as soon as it worked out my location ....

·
Registered
794 Posts
'My Renault' won't even progress past entering my mobile number now. It says there is an error, and please try again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just went to check mine (GT Line + Winter Pack) to see I have no update due. One thing I did notice was as the car started up the temperature app was showing centigrade - and then it all went wrong as it changed to fahrenheit as soon as it worked out my location ....
My weather widget has been showing Farenheit since I got it. The update appears to have fixed that.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Another call from Renault customer services to say the Tech boys had fixed the shown range disparity between the car display and the app.

I was asked to uninstall the MY Renault android app then reinstall.

As usual .... still showing same problem as before.. Not fixed. CS will inform Tech boys again...that this is STILL not done...

They are still working on Conditioning problem.

·
Registered
2020 Renault Zoe GT Line R135 with rapid charge
10 Posts
Just picked up my ZE50 from DSG in Morecambe after getting the creaking tail gate fixed (took over a week due to need to book into body shop to treat/repaint welds that were required to be ground off).

The creaking has now gone altogether but unfortunately DSG were not able to sort the pre-conditioning which they confirm Renault are working on a software fix which is scheduled to be available at the end of August 2020.

DSG confirmed new Zoes build in June onwards have the problem sorted following re-flashing the onboard memory at the factory.

When the fix does come through I will have to book my car in with DSG to get sorted as this is not going to be an over the air software update.

I also have lodged a formal complaint with Renault UK about the pre-conditioning and when the heard about my creaking tailgate they were kind enough to offer me a loan 'automatic' car which I didn't take up the offer as I am fortunate to have a 2nd car but, 'boy', I am not used to having to pay for fuel at a garage anymore, glad to be back on electric!

All-in-all great to have the Zoe back and as before drives really well, even my wife who doesn't care about electric versus ICE cars really missed driving the Zoe.

I will provide an update on the pre-conditioning as and when Renault get it sorted, at least Renault have acknowledged the fault rather than myself, or anybody else, having a random incurable fault.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Expect a lot of us will of had this email today.

MY Renault app
We've had some problems with the new MY Renault app. We are really sorry for these issues and know how frustrating this is.

Sadly some of the best connected features of the My Renault App have not been working so well:

Charge management
Send route to my car
Mileage check
Pre-conditioning (pre-heating and pre-cooling remotely)

Our Tech team are working hard to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. We will keep you posted with our progress by email.

In the meantime, if you want to talk to a member of our Multimedia team, please call us on 0344 369 0000* or click below.

241 - 260 of 315 Posts