Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
So I've downloaded the new app. Apparently my ZE services expired in Jan, which would explain why the old app locked me out.

As I bought my car used, I don't have the documentation to get the activation number, but I have been asked to go to the RLink Store to renew my subscription (wasn't sure if it was free, but I can confirm mine was a 12-month £0 option). Apparently I will be getting an activation code when that has been processed. It is currently 'In Progress' on the store so will wait a while and check whether I can log in on the app in the next 72hours.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Classic Renault.... the activation code isn't working with the new app.

Speaking to a woman on the phone for customer services:

CS Woman: "okay I've deactivated your services, I'm just going to re-activate it now"

Me "Okay ....."

CS Woman: "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Me "No thanks, I'm just after that activation code ......"

CS Woman: "Oh, it takes 48 hours to deactivate"

Me "Oh ..... okay so in two days I can use the new app?"

CS Woman: "Once deactivated, I can reactivate your account, it takes about 72 hours to get the activation code"

Me: "So i'll be 5 days then?"

CS Woman: "You might experience a bit of a delay due to the systems being down over the Easter weekend..., it should come through to your email by the end of next week"

So I've got to wait 10 days, to get an activation code ....... yay!

·
Registered
Renault ZOE ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017
461 Posts
So what is the recommended way of accessing the car details from a browser?
It looks as though we are no longer going to be able to do anything from a browser on, say, a PC or Mac. The implication is that only Android and iOS are supported via mobile apps. Now that's not what I want to hear, and a downgrade in capability for me as a customer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Live on the App Store

·
Registered
461 Posts
It's worked fine for me on Android. Thankfully I had kept the activation code, although I had thought it was only needed once on purchase.

One small possible gotcha is that you are told to log in using your existing credentials. However, you have to use the credentials that you have for an existing My Renault account, NOT the credentials you have been using for My ZE Online. It would help if they made this clear.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Downloaded installed and managed to get it working for my Ze40. Had to call renault connected services to get authorisation code as the one that seemed to work with the older app wouldn't work with the new one.. the one they had shown on their system was different but worked immediately when entered.
The blue preconditioning button worked while I was sitting in the car and testing it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
It looks as though we are no longer going to be able to do anything from a browser on, say, a PC or Mac. The implication is that only Android and iOS are supported via mobile apps. Now that's not what I want to hear, and a downgrade in capability for me as a customer.
This whole app upgrade story is a catalogue of disasters. I really like my Zoe, but this is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth. The authorisation code doesn't work, the link in the email is completely wrong. If they upgrade the app it should seamlessly import the login details from the old app and you can't use it on a normal browser. And for those who have managed to get it to work, it seems half the functionality is simply not...well...functional. Could they actually have done it any worse than this?

·
Registered
14,913 Posts
At least pre-conditioning works with the older cars. It doesn’t seem to for the new Zoe 50.

·
Registered
388 Posts
This whole app upgrade story is a catalogue of disasters. I really like my Zoe, but this is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth. The authorisation code doesn't work, the link in the email is completely wrong. If they upgrade the app it should seamlessly import the login details from the old app and you can't use it on a normal browser. And for those who have managed to get it to work, it seems half the functionality is simply not...well...functional. Could they actually have done it any worse than this?
Give the renault connected services a ring tomorrow
0344 369 0000
The activation code I had for the older app was somehow different to the one they had on their system. When they gave me it over the phone and I entered it the app worked.
I haven't a clue why the code was different to the one I had been using on the older app.

·
Registered
461 Posts
And I now find that the new app for android won't install on my wife's tablet, running Android 7 Nougat. Something like "Your device is not compatible with this application."!

So you can't remotely contact your Zoe if you have a PC or a slightly old tablet.

·
Registered
547 Posts
What relationship does this have with the text alerts? I plugged the car in this evening before I knew this had happened and got a text saying charging had started, set up the new app, stopped charging by unplugging it later but I've had no text for that.

Trying to set the charging schedule seems a bit flakey too.

It seems crazy that they've had this system going outside the UK for ages but it still doesn't really work very well. The fact that you can no longer do anything from a PC is a real PIA, as over winter that's what I did every day before leaving work! Why can't they make a web version of the new app?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was having a similar issues as others in that I was getting an error message saying my activation code for ZE Services was invalid. I tried it several times but got the same message.

I phone Renault on 0344 369 0000 and spoke to a really nice guy there. He said they have database issues so to just re-try it. I did and it worked!

Moral of the story, try it a few times and it should work.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Interesting reading all this. My car was due to be delivered around the end of May, but I think that’ll be moved around four months into June. If the apps still not running correctly then I think I’ll download it and get it running while in store picking the car up.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The app seems to be working for me, it accepted my VIN as valid & shows the same car details as the website.
However I can't investigate further as my undelivered car is about 250 miles outside of wifi range.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
The app seems to be working for me, it accepted my VIN as valid & shows the same car details as the website.
However I can't investigate further as my undelivered car is about 250 miles outside of wifi range.
I've set it up for my current Zoe, there is a facility to delete a car and also to add a new one, will it work ………. we'll find out when the ZE50 finally makes an appearance.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,738 Posts
And I now find that the new app for android won't install on my wife's tablet, running Android 7 Nougat. Something like "Your device is not compatible with this application."!

So you can't remotely contact your Zoe if you have a PC or a slightly old tablet.
The irony is the Rlink is based on Android 2.2 I believe lol

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've set it up for my current Zoe, there is a facility to delete a car and also to add a new one, will it work ………. we'll find out when the ZE50 finally makes an appearance.
When i spoke to connected services the other day I asked them about this. And where you get the new code for the ze50.. i was told to delete the ze40 from the app and add the ze50.. apparently the car generates its own code when you pair it to the app

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
When i spoke to connected services the other day I asked them about this. And where you get the new code for the ze50.. i was told to delete the ze40 from the app and add the ze50.. apparently the car generates its own code when you pair it to the app
I still want to be able to use it for the Q90 until I get the ZE50.

81 - 100 of 171 Posts