Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be handy to start a separate thread to keep track of issues with the app released April '20.

General
  • May take several attempts to recognise activation code for pre-ZE50 services
Android
  • Bug - Remote air conditioning not triggering on the ZE50
  • Bug - Mapping does not show EV charge points (or only a very limited amount)
  • Bug - Switching out of the app, rather than exiting, can prevent it refreshing properly when you restart the app
  • Functionality - No alerts/notifications on the ZE50

·
Registered
394 Posts
App warns about location being shared and let other drivers of the car know, @jamesremuscat API indicates car's location is available too.. not seeing it on my ZE40 in the app, is it a ZE50 specific feature?

I also note that someone got it to work via the API.. that a ZE50?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
App warns about location being shared and let other drivers of the car know, @jamesremuscat API indicates car's location is available too.. not seeing it on my ZE40 in the app, is it a ZE50 specific feature?

I also note that someone got it to work via the API.. that a ZE50?
That seems to work with my ZE50 OK, you can see on the map where the car currently is.
Next shopping trip I'll have to check it updates correctly.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So went to check app and unable to communicate message.

Went to car and data sharing switched off, and my settings reset...

·
Registered
635 Posts
The Activation code is case sensitive, might be worth trying again.
Give connected services a ring they will verify the code... the code they told me was different to the one that I was using on the old app.. the old code didnt work on the new app but the one they gave me worked instantly.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
The original code worked fine for us but it took about 5 attempts of putting the code in before it finally accepted it (we have a 2019 ZE40). In any case their servers seem to have been down for over a day now in any case. I'd just persevere with the original activation code, once people are reporting the system is back up again.

·
Registered
503 Posts
@Hotlush, try creating an itinerary in the app and send it to the car. Try to include one or two charging stations on the way, too. Does it send correctly to the car? In my case it sends the route up to the last charging stations, but without any waypoints; a direct route to the last charging station.

On a side note, I'm not really using the car's in-built navigation system, I use CarPlay (hence other map services). But I do miss the R240/ZE40 navigation, it was so easy to use; in ZE50 it's a big disappointment for me... the voice and the instructions are sub-standard. I loved the previous gen's system also because it was speaking in English and pronouncing the names in local tongue; not anymore, now it attempts to pronounce non-English town/street names in English and it's not even funny. Imagine going to Netherlands and having this pronounced in English: Wijk bij Duurstede. Or this German one: Uebigau-Wahrenbrück.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@evescu As far as I can tell the itinerary is only the last stop.

Pre-condition; this video implies it works on ZE50 but I've still no luck getting it to trigger.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Pre-condition; this video implies it works on ZE50 but I've still no luck getting it to trigger.
That is bizarre to me. The climate control lights are not activated in the car. But he does have on the instrument panel shown a message (why is he moving the camera so fast and not letting it focus on the message?!). Also, the car doesn't seem to be plugged in a charger, but the preconditioning is working.

Do you have the large multimedia system or the smaller one?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,717 Posts
Also, the car doesn't seem to be plugged in a charger, but the preconditioning is working.
Looking at the instructions, it appears that the car only needs to be plugged in for scheduled pre-conditioning.

However I agree on-demand preconditioning straight doesn’t work.

Although I haven’t got the scheduled preconditioning you work either!

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
48 Posts
ZE50. I'm in the middle of trying to get the App running - in the 72 hour window. One thing that is really starting to annoy is the car switching off everything after a couple of minutes. The App says 'with the engine off' do ...then in starts the power down sequence. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I did it with the engine on, for exactly that reason. Worked fine!

Edit: the "engine off" advice is probably just for safety reasons, I suppose.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Renault sent us an email today telling us that they had just launched their new app.
For this thread, the issue is - Renault are 18 days late with their communication about the new app. They also don't say that the old one was discontinued.

I suppose 18 days late isn't too bad for Renault!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts