Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve always had problems with the My ZE app, so was pleased when an updated version came out showing mileage, battery level and range. It all looks OK, but it’s 10.40am on Saturday as I’m writing, and the stats on the app are still showing as 8.58pm last night even after I swipe down and refresh. Any ideas how to update/refresh? This will be more
Important when charging away from home and need to check the SOC before returning to my car. Also everytime I go off the app on my phone, it seems to close and has to go through the opening sequence again.
Come on Renault, sort it out.......!

·
Registered
483 Posts
If you search, there are already a couple of threads about the current situation

·
Registered
460 Posts
Not sure about the conditions, but if the car is off the app will show the data from the last time when the car was on (to communicate with the servers). But I assume you already factored this in?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about the conditions, but if the car is off the app will show the data from the last time when the car was on (to communicate with the servers). But I assume you already factored this in?
Yes, after it’s been switched on and driven, the SOC and range changes, but the mileage on the app still remains the same; I believe the mileage has to be updated manually. Also, how, and when does it get ‘refreshed/updated’?
A slight improvment on Renault’s first attempt at an app, but still lots to do.

·
Registered
935 Posts
It updates with the car every half hour or so I think. Ours also had a 'pause' over the weekend, there was something going on at the Renault server end. If you edit your charge calendar, or ask the car to pre-heat, it connects from the server to the car within seconds.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
613 Posts
I believe the mileage has to be updated manually.
That makes me realise that the following has happened:
  • The MyZoe mobile app has been replaced by the new MyRenault app.
  • The My ZE Online web site has been removed and we are left with the existing My Renault web site.This seems to have gained some functionality over time - for example, it now lists the status of (some of) the software packages on your ZOE. I don't know when this appeared - it only used to be available in the RLink store. You have always had to enter your mileage on this site manually.
Now looking at the MyRenault app, I have to enter the car's mileage manually on the service page, for a ZE40. This is just the same as on the My Renault web site, as is all the service history.

You don't think that there might be a plan :) ? The MyRenault app and the My Renault web site seem to be converging in functionality. It might just be that we end up getting the charging and pre-conditioning functionality back on the My Renault web site??? Hoping vainly ...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes, after it’s been switched on and driven, the SOC and range changes, but the mileage on the app still remains the same; I believe the mileage has to be updated manually. Also, how, and when does it get ‘refreshed/updated’?
A slight improvment on Renault’s first attempt at an app, but still lots to do.
I believe that in the future we'll have to make distinction between models. My old ZE20 (I assume same for ZE40) was not sending the mileage to the old app, likely it was not meant for that; I remember I had to mention in the app mileage or the yearly expected mileage. For ZE50 it seems that the car send the mileage information to the server, I can't edit it (sorry, different language):

1 - 10 of 10 Posts