Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a test drive today in an Allure e208 as I am considering a GT version

This is the first time I've driven an electric car so I was happy when the dealer let me take it out on my own for just under 3 hours. He said just drive wherever I wanted to.

Outside temperature was 6C. Intermittent rain. Heating was on auto 19, lights and wipers were on auto. So probably a good day for a cold weather test.

Given some reviews I've seen commented on a harsh ride, I took it around all of my regular routes, including some seriously big hills.

Ride comfort was better than I expected, steering also was to my liking, but the lane assist needs some getting used to. Whilst the regenerative braking was new to me, I could soon get used to it.

I used all the different Power Modes and was pleasantly surprised by sport, coming from a 280hp petrol car.

The main issue regarding range which has been discussed at length on here was I hoped not going to be a problem. I was told the car would have a full charge when I took it out. Well it did according to the charge indicator on the left side of the dash. But the range was only showing 118. I figured I would be doing in the region of 60 miles or so. 118miles ranges stayed for some time and then I noticed one fuel cell went out on the display, (I think there are 8 in total on the display). As was reported elsewhere the range doesn't drop in single units but in batches. When I got back to the dealers, I'd covered 58 miles, range was 93. 3 fuel cells had gone out. So the cars computer appears to be on the cautious side.

Given the route I took and the weather conditions, I would think a full home charge is going to last for much longer than a week. As far as I'm concerned that's perfectly adequate.

All in all, I found the car more than up to the job and providing I could get a satisfactory deal then I may well get one. A GT Line could be on my drive by the first week in April, however a GT would be July. I don't really want to wait that long. So I'll just have to see what transpires over the coming weeks.

·
Registered
16 Posts

1. I had a test drive today in an Allure e208 as I am considering a GT version

This is the first time I've driven an electric car so I was happy when the dealer let me take it out on my own for just under 3 hours. He said just drive wherever I wanted to.

Outside temperature was 6C. Intermittent rain. Heating was on auto 19, lights and wipers were on auto. So probably a good day for a cold weather test.

Given some reviews I've seen commented on a harsh ride, I took it around all of my regular routes, including some seriously big hills.

Ride comfort was better than I expected, steering also was to my liking, but the lane assist needs some getting used to. Whilst the regenerative braking was new to me, I could soon get used to it.

I used all the different Power Modes and was pleasantly surprised by sport, coming from a 280hp petrol car.

The main issue regarding range which has been discussed at length on here was I hoped not going to be a problem. I was told the car would have a full charge when I took it out. Well it did according to the charge indicator on the left side of the dash. But the range was only showing 118. I figured I would be doing in the region of 60 miles or so. 118miles ranges stayed for some time and then I noticed one fuel cell went out on the display, (I think there are 8 in total on the display). As was reported elsewhere the range doesn't drop in single units but in batches. When I got back to the dealers, I'd covered 58 miles, range was 93. 3 fuel cells had gone out. So the cars computer appears to be on the cautious side.

Given the route I took and the weather conditions, I would think a full home charge is going to last for much longer than a week. As far as I'm concerned that's perfectly adequate.

All in all, I found the car more than up to the job and providing I could get a satisfactory deal then I may well get one. A GT Line could be on my drive by the first week in April, however a GT would be July. I don't really want to wait that long. So I'll just have to see what transpires over the coming weeks.
    Hi... I have a gt ordered have been told constantly early April the car will be ready... Did they state why it would be July for you? I hope this isn't for everyone lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should be fine as you already have an order in place.

No reason given, I never asked. It may well depend on when the car is ordered.

I'm still trying to get the best deal I can via Carwow, so I haven't placed an order yet.

I'll be making a few phone calls tomorrow when I'm home.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I said. I'll be making a few phone calls tomorrow, plus if it's true what is being reported on EV Forums that the £3500 Grant is being removed in March/April this year I'll be a petrolhead until I die.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the grant could go, but more likely to be lowered.. there will be a 'comfort' period I guess to cover people with orders. Its suspected that Car manufacturers are artificially hiking their prices because of the grant, effectively pitching their cars plus the 3.5k. Suggests that it could force them to lower car prices

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today was meant to be my day to collect the car, however, the deal went belly up on Saturday, PEx, valuation on my car dropped twice and then the dealer stated they wouldn't take the car at all.

So, I'll be keeping my current car for another two years, when I will be getting a payout and will look to jump in to a BEV then.

Bloomin' frustrating, but that's life I guess. I'll continue to hoon around in my 25mpg ICE until then.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Today was meant to be my day to collect the car, however, the deal went belly up on Saturday, PEx, valuation on my car dropped twice and then the dealer stated they wouldn't take the car at all.

So, I'll be keeping my current car for another two years, when I will be getting a payout and will look to jump in to a BEV then.

Bloomin' frustrating, but that's life I guess. I'll continue to hoon around in my 25mpg ICE until then.
what car do you drive now?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ah 280hp, considered one of those before going EV but never pressed the button.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is my fear too. I’ve never bought a brand new car. Mine is due the end of the month. I will expect them to honour the price, or very close to it, or I too will be walking away

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well after a few bumps in the roads, dealer disappointments regarding P Ex valuations, I've done a deal today an e-208 GT-Line.

My dealer had what was described as 3 stock cars Faro Yellow (in build), Vertigo Blue on the other side of the English Channel and a Cumulus Grey (silver in my book).

So Cumulus grey it is, qualified for the £3500 ELEV Grant, my dealer is of the opinion PSA will only honour this for this current month, Pod Point or whatever it's caller order booked.

Given the current state in the country, I may get it early next month.

I breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Let the proper wait, sleeps to go begin.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Not sure how you qualified for the £3500 OLEV grant as it was reduced to £3000 over a week ago with immediate effect (midnight 11th March I think)

potentially though the garage has given you an extra dealer contribution to make it up to £3500 to secure the deal within the financial year and meet targets.

JJ

1 - 20 of 29 Posts