Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
May be worth holding off to see when the Dacia EV may arrive here?
Thanks for the suggestion. It is not clear if this will come to the U.K. and even if it did unlikely before 2021. In the meantime our 15 year old car is starting to show its age and cost too much to fix.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don’t want to pee on anyone fireworks, but today I have collected an Aygo as a courtesy car. Aplogies to anyone who has one, but it really don’t like it. I normally love ”honest cheap” cars but there’s something about the Aygo that just doesn’t suit me.

not very comfortable, three cylinder engine is very noisy when you push the revs beyond 3,000. On the motorway coming back there were sections of hill where it was struggling to maintain mid 60s speed without changing down a gear (which in fact the dashboard was telling me to do). Then when it was doing 60 to 70 on the flat bits I was looking for another gear.

as a courtesy car it wont have been well looked after but was surprised to see only 52 mpg as the long term average.

so personally back to OP point, I’d take the Skoda citigo Electric (massive caveat - never having driven one!) over the Aygo. Or frankly almost anything, some great deals around on small Skoda’s if you are looking for an ICE for now. IMHO much better than an Aygo..

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I don’t want to pee on anyone fireworks, but today I have collected an Aygo as a courtesy car. Aplogies to anyone who has one, but it really don’t like it. I normally love ”honest cheap” cars but there’s something about the Aygo that just doesn’t suit me.

not very comfortable, three cylinder engine is very noisy when you push the revs beyond 3,000. On the motorway coming back there were sections of hill where it was struggling to maintain mid 60s speed without changing down a gear (which in fact the dashboard was telling me to do). Then when it was doing 60 to 70 on the flat bits I was looking for another gear.

as a courtesy car it wont have been well looked after but was surprised to see only 52 mpg as the long term average.

so personally back to OP point, I’d take the Skoda citigo Electric (massive caveat - never having driven one!) over the Aygo. Or frankly almost anything, some great deals around on small Skoda’s if you are looking for an ICE for now. IMHO much better than an Aygo..
Yes we all have different views about cars. The old Zoe is not for us as I explained earlier in the thread ( reflective dash, cost of battery lease etc). The Aygo is a little noisy when accelerating but ok after that ( not going to be used on motorways). If it was my decision, I might have gone for the Skoda Citigo EV but remember my wife is trading in a very old Yaris and she has had good service from our local garage. It is considerably cheaper to buy than the Skoda with all the current incentives. In 4 years my wife can reconsider the EV option.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts