Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Striving for a greener planet
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wondering if any of you have a solution to my very minor issue.
Almost every time I go to my Zoe app I’m logged out of the car. No matter how many times I type my email and password in, if I leave the app to idle for a while I’m logged out again even if I hit remember me.

Anyone had this before or have a solution? Just a little annoying every time I want to hit pre con or check SOC.
Cheers

·
Registered
93 Posts
Its the website that the app frames. Its crap.
Same on Android and PC.
Also never remembers my login so I have to put my details in again every time.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I use the website on safari instead of the app. It's still crap and logs me out but safari remembers the login so I don't have to.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lots of other ways its crap too - there are lots of subtle translation issues, such as "User Unknown" actually means "Password Wrong".

·
Registered
197 Posts
Almost every time I go to my Zoe app I’m logged out of the car. No matter how many times I type my email and password in, if I leave the app to idle for a while I’m logged out again even if I hit remember me.
This is a (completely stupid) design decision by Renault. The only "solution" is to use your web browser rather than the app, and have it/your password manager remember your username and password.

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all that. Kind of what I was thinking.Utter drivel produced by Renault.
Oh well. I'll see if I can get the password manager to remember them on my phone.
Thanks again

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, the Renault ZE app is crap, I’m always being logged out and having to put my details in every time. It also doesn’t let me check my SOC more than once event 20 mins.
A very poor app, especially after having had two years of the Nissan Leaf equivalent, which would check the SOC whenever I wanted.

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So listening to the latest FC podcast sounds like there is a new Renault app that will come out with the release of the new Zoe and will be back compatible. Jonny Smith seemed impressed. I think I saw him get a glimpse of it in one of their videos at a Renault concept event. Seemed very navigation based at the time.
Let’s hope that’s true and it’s way better.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi all,

Wondering if any of you have a solution to my very minor issue.

Anyone had this before or have a solution? Just a little annoying every time I want to hit pre con or check SOC.
Cheers
Something must have changed. I had a 2016 Zoe and the app always kept me logged in. Changed for a ZE40 in January and when I changed the vehicle details the app started logging me out every time just like you. It's really annoying so like others I have now resorted to using the website. I wish there was a solution.

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Something must have changed. I had a 2016 Zoe and the app always kept me logged in. Changed for a ZE40 in January and when I changed the vehicle details the app started logging me out every time just like you. It's really annoying so like others I have now resorted to using the website. I wish there was a solution.
Oh mine used to keep me logged in. On a 15 plate. Just one day it stopped. Must be something Renault did on their back end.
As they have a new app coming they are probably not interested in wasting resources on fixing this web app

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can get iOS to save the login information in the Passwords and Accounts area of Settings.
You can put in your details in the Website and Apps area and it is saved.

I used the web address https://www.services.renault-ze.com/user/login and this works with both the website and the app.

It offers to fill in the details on the website, if you use the app use the Passwords button at the top of the keyboard and it lets you choose which set of saved credentials you want to use.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think it was the end of last year that Renault fiddled round with the app, changed its icon a couple of times then just made it redirect to the website, and greatly reduced the session time as well. That's what makes it all the more annoying that it used to work fine, but just reducing the session time makes it so much harder to use...

The Fully Charged video on the "new" app was a few years ago now, wasn't it? I won't be holding my breath...

·
Registered
533 Posts
You can get iOS to save the login information in the Passwords and Accounts area of Settings.
You can put in your details in the Website and Apps area and it is saved.

I used the web address https://www.services.renault-ze.com/user/login and this works with both the website and the app.

It offers to fill in the details on the website, if you use the app use the Passwords button at the top of the keyboard and it lets you choose which set of saved credentials you want to use.
Thanks - I needed to update the password on the app. but now looks like it works. Very grateful for the info. :)(y)

·
Registered
398 Posts
The "too many requests" thing happens if you request the charge status more than once every twenty minutes. It also seems to happen for me at least if I press "ok" on any confirmation boxes, because it's actually already done whatever I asked it to anyway, which is weird.

So if I press "precondition" it does it immediately but asks for confirmation which I then have to say "no" to so it won't complain at me. It always does this on the website, but never did it on the old app even though everything else was exactly the same. Thoroughly weird.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts