Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bloody hell - just shite the hell out of myself - was mucking about with alarm settings earlier on in the day and set (I think it was) Perimetric alarm and left it enabled, thought to myself it wont work because I havent got the add-on OEM alarm - then went out to car tonight at 11pm to get something , turned off the car and checked a message on my phone , the car went into sleep, you know when everything shuts down and i opens the drivers door and all of a sudden all hell breaks loose :oops: really loud horn blasting!!
Only way I could shut it up was to put the keycard into its slot - give me a fright because as I say I dint think it would work.
got some explaining to do to the neighbours tomorrow i bet! - had to come in and have a brandy to steady the nerves!

so , it just making me wonder have I really got a alarm fitted to my Zoe (bought it used so I dont know for sure) or was it because I enabled it earlier on today in DDT?

if there is an alarm unit fitted where is it normally under the bonnet? is it where the scuttle drains are?

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,342 Posts
I noticed the alarm settings in the DDT too and
though it was to switch on the alarm on after installing the kit below ?

I did see some online a install instructions ( bottom of page )
i am sure it mentioned some of the wiring goes under the centre console ( Handbrake )
and the alarm near the battery ?

Looks like for the install manual you need to register or pay for it ?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

i am sure it mentioned some of the wiring goes under the centre console ( Handbrake )

View attachment 142173

View attachment 142174
yep, thats like an alarm I see but it was for the Clio mk4 - I suppose it would be same fit for the Zoe as well?

Tomorrow in the daytime i am going to try emulate it again, see if the alarm goes off again ... in the daytime this time LOL :D
and I am going to see now its activated if the door windows do up automatically as well (Auto close)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
There was a “protection pack” option on the earlier Zoe’s. This included door kick plates at front (blue plastic stick on on tread sill), a flexible boot liner and the alarm. We had it on our 2016. Alarm is microwave based volumetric as well as perimetric.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

View attachment 142173

View attachment 142174
Get the alarm for both phases of Zoe (and any other manuals in PDF) here, just set vehicle to Zoe Renault Accessoires -

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
be useful if you had your window open a bit in summer and if someone reached in and opened the indoor latch and the horn alarm goes off.

The more I think about it , the car cannot be fitted with a add-on alarm can it because the alarm sounder would sound the alarm, not the car horn as it is doing surely?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,064 Posts
be useful if you had your window open a bit in summer and if someone reached in and opened the indoor latch and the horn alarm goes off.

The more I think about it , the car cannot be fitted with a add-on alarm can it because the alarm sounder would sound the alarm, not the car horn as it is doing surely?
Indeed the alarm is an add on with a build in sounder, not the horn. Remember you can always press the lock button twice on the key fob and deadlock the car, no mater how much someone tugs the inside handle it won't open.

Reactions: Andy-Zoé-User

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Indeed the alarm is an add on with a build in sounder, not the horn. Remember you can always press the lock button twice on the key fob and deadlock the car, no mater how much someone tugs the inside handle it won't open.
ya thats right - superlock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts