Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday I went down to my girlfriends place for a little get together, car did well 80 mile drive still had 37miles when I got there, I decided to charged at M3 fleets services before heading off I was driving just over 70mph on the why back so I pulled into Oxford services and started using the 22kw charger to top me back up,car stop the charge at 50% and would not take anymore, so I tryed the rapid charger at Oxford Peartree services, the car would not start the charge so I had 42 miles of range now and had 38 miles to go till home, I got back with 6miles in the car, and when I plugged the car in it started to charge, but my car normally only takes 3hours to charge from dead, it was saying over 5hours, the car is making a really funny noise like it's straining,it keeps making a high-pitched wine and then tailing off to a low pitch. in 9219 miles I have never heard this noise.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is booked in on Tuesday. I have had a list as long as my arm go wrong, I lost all power once no breaks steering know nothing at about 50mph, a motor home had to go up on the kerb to avoid me as my steering locked it self. It cost over £3600 for them to fix it.they still try to tell me it wasn't too serious

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's a shame. The Zoe was the car that tweaked my interest in EVs; it looks good, isn't silly money and has a utilitarian-ness about it that I like. But. But. But. It's made by Renault and I've had dealings with them and their dealers before.

I very nearly put this concern aside and almost ordered one - but the delays to their launch date stayed my hand. Not only were the repeated delays frustrating but they also hinted at Renault's continued dysfunction as an organisation.

Then the i3 with REx was announced and the Zoe option was swept aside as an option.

Hope they fix it for you.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a shame as there are no other ev out there that I like. And I just love it that it will do the 130 miles that they say it will do at motorway speeds :-(

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
On Friday I went down to my girlfriends place for a little get together, car did well 80 mile drive still had 37miles when I got there, I decided to charged at M3 fleets services before heading off I was driving just over 70mph on the why back so I pulled into Oxford services and started using the 22kw charger to top me back up,car stop the charge at 50% and would not take anymore, so I tryed the rapid charger at Oxford Peartree services, the car would not start the charge so I had 42 miles of range now and had 38 miles to go till home, I got back with 6miles in the car, and when I plugged the car in it started to charge, but my car normally only takes 3hours to charge from dead, it was saying over 5hours, the car is making a really funny noise like it's straining,it keeps making a high-pitched wine and then tailing off to a low pitch. in 9219 miles I have never heard this noise.
Sounds like Ac to DC inverter but don't they use the 3 phase motor windings?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well last night I plugged the car in and I got a strong smell of burning from the nose of the car. I stopped charge and toke the car to Renault and they plug it in and they found 5 errors and 4 were because of the charger.i will put it this way the charger is fried

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the car has been at Renault from the 22nd and they have said we have no idear what went wrong, so even though the car lost all power again and would not charge, so my dash bord went dead , my breaks went all but died and the steering went very heavy and the car coasted along the motorway, I barely got home on the little charge I had left. There is something really wrong with this car. They have asked me to pick up the car and I have said no way as you can't even tell me what went wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have got a Ombudsman involved now as I'm now to scared to take my kids in it, I'm now biking in to work and using my mum's polo to take the kids in to school.

·
Registered
346 Posts
We had the same problems when we took delivery of our Zoe back in May 2013 but without the fire.
Renault blamed me, my wife and the wall charger for the cars faults.
Chargemaster swapped out the charger 4 times but on returning the car to Renault EV service on a flatbed for the 3rd time Renault downloaded new software to Zoe's charge computer and it has been fine since.

During the 3 months without the car we rejected the car of which Renault refused (no surprise) and when we opened a case with the financial ombudsman they came out in Renaults favour! we could not believe it :( :(
3 months without our brand-new car and still having to pay battery rental plus paying to rent another car made this purchase our worst ever.

We are interested in a Tesla Model C when it becomes available in 2016 -2017 and we would not touch another Renault again :( :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts