Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my local Kia dealership to question where my car was.
They never ordered it back in May 2019.

Anyway, I popped in to have a look at the lvl 4 e-niro they had on display and to confirm that it doesn't match what is listed on the website or what the rest of the world is getting.
(No heated rear seats, no vented front seats, no sun roof, etc.)

After talking with the sales rep he informed me all orders for the MY20 are now closed and Kia globe has informed all dealerships that any future order will be a MY21 edition.

To summaries:
MY20 lvl4, £37,995 (P11D)
MY21 lvl3, £36,850 (P11D)
MY21 lvl4+, £39,145 (P11D)

MY21 lvl3 is same as MY20 but no:
LED headlights
Premium Sound system
Front parking sensors
Ambient lighting
Heat pump

MY21 lvl4+ is same as MY20 but with additional:
Sunroof
Intelligent speed limit warning
Blind spot w/ RCTA
Driver memory seat
Heated rear seats
Ventilated front seats
Aluminium pedals
11Kw 3 phase charger

·
Premium Member
11,458 Posts
Updated - I see they are expecting 1000 before end of year, presumably to help the Kia Hyundai pool meet EU target and still sell plenty of larger petrol SUVs.

As they don't have any EVs to sell for now, Hyundai are doing a scrappage offer of £3000 and Kia £2500 on hybrids which will also help. The £5000 is off the Santa Fe ICE - no surprise.

·
Premium Member
11,458 Posts
MY21 lvl3 is same as MY20 but no:
LED headlights
Premium Sound system
Front parking sensors
Ambient lighting
Heat pump
Losing heat pump is a big shame. I guess it will encourage upselling to highest spec?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Why are they allowed to claim the same mileage estimates for all 3 models if the heat pump affects efficiency? Either it affects efficiency enough to affect the mileage, in which case those mileages figures can't be correct, or it doesn't, in which case there's not much point having a heat pump in the first place.

Hopefully I'll get a 4 trim. I'd upgrade to the 4+ if the price difference was sensible but I know it won't be, plus it'll likely require a re-order and going to the back of the queue. >_>

·
Registered
262 Posts
Why are they allowed to claim the same mileage estimates for all 3 models if the heat pump affects efficiency? Either it affects efficiency enough to affect the mileage, in which case those mileages figures can't be correct, or it doesn't, in which case there's not much point having a heat pump in the first place.
Because WLTP testing doesn't include temperature variations .. and this is all they are allowed to quote

·
Registered
260 Posts
Don't confuse (which I think you are) the heat pump with the battery heater. They are two very different things. The heat pump is for in cabin heating, and is 50% more efficient for heating inside than without one. It would not effect figures since it's optional as to whether you use the heater or Aircon.

The battery heater, which I believe was missing from the UK Spec MY19, would indeed affect battery range during the colder months

·
Registered
315 Posts
Don't confuse (which I think you are) the heat pump with the battery heater. They are two very different things. The heat pump is for in cabin heating, and is 50% more efficient for heating inside than without one. It would not effect figures since it's optional as to whether you use the heater or Aircon.
It wouldn't affect figures, sure, but it'd affect range in real world situations.

·
Registered
21 Posts
mick h. i orderd mine on 08/ 06/2020 paint color yacht blue upgraded from my4 that was orderd on 06/01/2020 in gravity blue kia dont seem to have color charts as it is a new color unable to see it in the flesh andrew till you tube shows a picture of a car in that color no joy with dealer price for upgrade £1150 exra reasonable for whot you get. with my original order had £3500 grant but with upgrade order only £3000 as goverment have reduced the grant since January so in my case £1650 exra

·
Registered
211 Posts
mick h. i orderd mine on 08/ 06/2020 paint color yacht blue upgraded from my4 that was orderd on 06/01/2020 in gravity blue kia dont seem to have color charts as it is a new color unable to see it in the flesh andrew till you tube shows a picture of a car in that color no joy with dealer price for upgrade £1150 exra reasonable for whot you get. with my original order had £3500 grant but with upgrade order only £3000 as goverment have reduced the grant since January so in my case £1650 exra
I’ve been told by my dealer that the grant stays in place on the new car providing the grant was applied for before the deadline and you receive the new Car within 9 months of the application.
The dealer told me originally as per what you stated but he checked again higher up in the Kia Organization was told the £3500 remains in place as it’s an upgrade.
Ask you dealer to check again....mine is a 4+ silky silver.

·
Registered
21 Posts
if you could tell me who the dealer is that you spoke to i can pass the details onto my dealer in northampton who said they will look into it thank you mick h.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It wouldn't affect figures, sure, but it'd affect range in real world situations.
It would affect the range in real world situations - but Kia are quoting the WLTP figures which I do not think are affected by the cabin heater.

·
Registered
211 Posts
if you could tell me who the dealer is that you spoke to i can pass the details onto my dealer in northampton who said they will look into it thank you mick h.
Edwards Kia, Kempsey near Worcester. Neil Evans I spoke to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i was told by my dealer in northampton yacht blue is a brand new color so it should not be out yet not until they start making the 4+ in september where was these photos taken and when i am pleased you posted them nice to see what the car looks like in the flesh many thanks mick h

·
Registered
254 Posts
When did you try to order the 4 trim?
About 3 weeks ago. They discontinued the '4' almost the following day. It was the Tuesday, second day car showrooms were permitted to reopen.

... i am pleased you posted them nice to see what the car looks like in the flesh many thanks mick h
I made those pictures up using the images a got from a Latvian Kia website. The 360 degree view is made up of 72 images. As the Yacht Blue is so new, there were no pictures online I could find, so to give me an idea what they would look like in the real, I superimposed the car onto some wallpapers I found on Google Images. Sad I know, but I gotta do something with my time while waiting the 6 months for delivery. 😀

The Latvian website with the Yacht Blue is here: e-NIRO

You should be able to see the 48 pictures I made up on my Facebook page here: Created Kia e-Niro "Yacht Blue" | Facebook

1 - 20 of 25 Posts