Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the brochure it says all models come with 360º cameras as standard, but if I go into the “build your own” website it says it’s an option. Does anyone with a MY21 know if this is a standard feature? Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am fairly certain it is standard for MY21. Definitely for an HSE.
Although new Pivi Pro 360 views are clever I don't think they are as easy to use as the original MY19 system - I can't seem to get a close up view of the front wheels (and the kerb!).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am fairly certain it is standard for MY21. Definitely for an HSE.
Although new Pivi Pro 360 views are clever I don't think they are as easy to use as the original MY19 system - I can't seem to get a close up view of the front wheels (and the kerb!).
Thanks Rich - is yours a MY21 HSE? The brochure has a whole page on it (so it‘s not just in a list of spec) and the press coverage of the update all mentioned it - but the configurator has it as an option.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's a MY21 SE, so I assumed that the HSE would be at least the same.
I've played in the configurator quite a lot since the start of the year and I've never before seen the 360deg camera option.
However today I started a new 'build' and lo, the options have all changed. Park Assist Pack is new, even compared to a few of weeks ago.
I would guess that your HSE is already built though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are few other odd changes apart from the 360deg camera becoming an option.
The SE "Driver Assist Pack" (still £970) has lost "Adaptive Cruise Control", which is now standard.
The SE lower touchscreen is now an option.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it’s built as it’s going for pre-delivery checks next week for delivery in early June, so hopefully will have 360° cameras. Have them on my Etron and find them useful.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are few other odd changes apart from the 360deg camera becoming an option.
The SE "Driver Assist Pack" (still £970) has lost "Adaptive Cruise Control", which is now standard.
The SE lower touchscreen is now an option.
Another thing I’ve noticed is on the configurator it now says “adaptive cruise with steering assist” - which disappeared for a few iterations when it became acc and lane keep assist. What has yours got, Rich?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My MY21 SE definitely doesn't have the "lane following" ability or the adaptive cruise control that my MY19 SE had as part of the "Driver Assist Pack".
In retrospect that £950 pack was good value - it also included 360deg cameras.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My MY21 SE definitely doesn't have the "lane following" ability or the adaptive cruise control that my MY19 SE had as part of the "Driver Assist Pack".
In retrospect that £950 pack was good value - it also included 360deg cameras.
I think the HSE used to have acc with steering assist (so Jag‘s version of self-drive/pilot assist) but it seemed to disappear for a few versions (I think I read they weren’t happy with how it worked) - and now it looks like it’s back. The HSE brochure just mentions “standard” ACC and lane keep assist, but I think LKA is more of an emergency thing if you stray out of the lane.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I must be missing something - what do you need a front camera with lines for - I have eyes to drive forward!!

I understand going in reverse, I don’t have eyes in the rear bumper - but this seems like tech for the sake of it - and surely first wet road, a font camera will be filthy anyhow,

·
Registered
349 Posts
It’s more that I want a front camera with the steering lines - the newer spec seems to just have rear camera.
Make sure you clean it regularly, it doesn't take much to get dirty. Also the forward camera is slow to come on, usually comes on just before you hit something, if I need it I turn it on when I get under 10 mph. Again doesn't show you the lines, you have to then click on the camera on the overhead 360 on the right. It then shows the lines 😄

·
Registered
883 Posts
But why do you need a front camera at all? You have eyes!!!

I get front parking sensors for cars with long bonnets, or high bonnets, but why a camera?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But why do you need a front camera at all? You have eyes!!!

I get front parking sensors for cars with long bonnets, or high bonnets, but why a camera?
I park parallel in a fairly tight space behind my wife’s car at home to access the charger - I find the camera with lines helpful.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't use the front camera view per se. But I find the bird's eye view really helpful in car parks, and the side camera views almost essential when parking by a kerb.
That said the Pivi Pro system isn't as good as InControl for either of these purposes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts