Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a thread specifically for the new MY21 Kia e-Niro 2, 3 and 4+ as the other similar thread is mainly focused on the '4' MY20 version.

I ordered a 4+ in Yacht Blue on 9th June 2020 and was given an estimated delivery date of Nov/Dec.

·
Registered
183 Posts
When I ordered my 2020 4, on the 21st August, I was told if I ordered the new model it would be February 2021 at the earliest. I would have much preferred the Yacht Blue also, but I just don’t do waiting very well. So I bought the rather dull gravity blue 4.

·
Registered
694 Posts
nice to see lots of people ordering yacht blue. all the more second hand models in 3 years!

Reactions: Naturetech

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great to now be on the forum. I have ordered a 4+ in guess what? - Yacht Blue. Previously bought an Outlander PHEV 6 years ago and kept it for 4 years then got a great lease deal with Nationwide Vehicle Contracts for a new one - great car but I have now decided on going pure BEV and have aspired to an e-Niro and now that the Yacht Blue option is available have made the plunge again with a lease deal from Nationwide.

I am happy top wait for next years deliveries so I ordered in mid July - the car has a build week of the 18th January 2021so I will extend my current lease deal and wait patiently for my e-Niro.

I have found this forum extremely helpful particularly on charging infrastructure and the performance of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered 23/07, order form says estimated delivery 23/01.

Seems like a flat calculated six month rather than anything more informed.

Ordered Yacht Blue - from what I see on here there will be one complete ship-load coming in just that colour!

·
Registered
131 Posts

Ordered Yacht Blue - from what I see on here there will be one complete ship-load coming in just that colour!
Plus one Silky Silver I hope......

·
Registered
2,228 Posts

Probably painted in a job lot they had left over for the side of said boat ;) I wouldn’t hold much store by Kia estimates if it’s anything like the MY2019s

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking back at the original notice that Kia sent to the dealers, the order book for the 2021 models opened on 1st June, with 1000 units to be delivered in Nov/Dec 2020.

So I guess it all depends on how close to June 1st you ordered as to whether you get one this year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i ordered mine on 8th june in yacht blue very limited choice of colors my original order was for a my 4 ordered on 6th january in gravity blue told december delivery only problem it will be winter and as the car will only be used on salt free roads will have limited use untill the better weather would have preferred spring delivery mick h

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ordered a 3 (to be different!)in Yacht Blue (not different!)at the end of June. Delivery date given as "approximately 4 months, probably November".

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I originally ordered the 4 in Gravity Blue, but dealer contacted me 2 days later to say Kia had discontinued the 4 and they offered me a 2, 3 or a 4+. I ordered the 4+ on 9th June. The dealer contacted me again in August to say they had some 4's available due to cancellations (with 3-4 weeks delivery) but they only had black available. I didn't want black, so I stuck with my order for the Yacht Blue with Nov/Dec estimate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seen this shared on another forum, looks like most may well be waiting until at least January for their MY21 (myself included) - wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see the first batch in the UK until mid December now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts