Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the remote charging/timer and climate control functionality in the myAudi App works, if you no longer have a subscription to the Audi connect services.

Could someone please test this ?

I am have had no end of problems with the connected services since I bought the car the app since it changed has been poorly implemented and has work intermittently, especially with the remote climate control and timer these seem none too uncommon.

Audi UK are trying to do their normal wipe their hands of any responsibility, by saying the "e-tron connected services" are the same as the "Audi connect infotainment services 36 month Subscription" There is nothing that talks about the need for a subscription for the former in the small print .... That these services can be removed at any time and will have to be paid for. This doesn't seem to be the case from the brochure for my MY and car.

I remember reading about people getting 10 year extensions to the services because of the issues with them, can anyone confirm this ?

MY2017 UK spec A3 e-tron

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm using the app on a 15 reg car I never renewed the subscription for. It works fine to control charging, start the air-con, or locate the car. I can't get live traffic info anymre, but that was never as good as Google or Waze anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts