Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what these vehicle symbols indicate, please
? They’re scattered across the Location map...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi,

I think they are bus stops.

Like too many other aspects of the e-tron technology, it's left to you to discover the meaning of what you are shown!

Kind regards, Stefan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A good thought - but this is a very quiet village and the symbols are on backwater residential roads - certainly no traffic sensors there. Then again, there’s a cluster of these symbols near roundabouts. Confusing...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heavy traffic? A good thought - but this is a very quiet village and the symbols are on backwater residential roads - certainly no traffic sensors there. Then again, there’s a cluster of these symbols near roundabouts. Confusing...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I think they are bus stops.

Like too many other aspects of the e-tron technology, it's left to you to discover the meaning of what you are shown!

Kind regards, Stefan
Yes, they could be bus stops - thanks Stefan. I’ll have to check. But why Audi would consider bus stops to be useful on a car app is beyond me...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, they could be bus stops - thanks Stefan. I’ll have to check. But why Audi would consider bus stops to be useful on a car app is beyond me...
I've noticed that they annotate the railway lines with the endpoint stations that's rather a nice touch e.g. Milford Haven to Manchester. Weirdly some of the symbols disappear as I zoom in (which seems to be counter intuitive) and then different ones appear when I zoom out again. Must be some deep meaning to the scale at which one uses the app that I just can't appreciate - or just that the stacking of colocated symbols is random (which I think is much nearer the mark )!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts