Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have noticed that more often than not, when we plug our Kona EV in, our Zappi-2 screen goes off, then a quick reboot occurs.
Didn’t notice it in the first month or two of ownership, but happens most times now...I will try to remember to video it when we plug in next!

Annoyingly, it defaults up to FAST mode; we generally leave it on Eco+, so have to wait for the reboot to complete, then toggle it.

Anyone else see this?

I messaged them 2 or 3 days ago, but no response yet.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We have noticed that more often than not, when we plug our Kona EV in, our Zappi-2 screen goes off, then a quick reboot occurs.
Didn’t notice it in the first month or two of ownership, but happens most times now...I will try to remember to video it when we plug in next!

Annoyingly, it defaults up to FAST mode; we generally leave it on Eco+, so have to wait for the reboot to complete, then toggle it.

Anyone else see this?

I messaged them 2 or 3 days ago, but no response yet.
Very odd...I thought this one had a few replies, including someone who asked me to report back if it fixed because their Zappi v1 did the same....but apparently not! Maybe I imagined that.

Anyway, Myenergi supplied a new ribbon cable, with what look like suppressors or something on. I deployed it yesterday, but the first plugging in saw the darned thing reboot again :rolleyes:
Back to support.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had no end of problems with my zappi 2! My 1st one kept rebooting and they replaced it. The 2nd still has major problems, reboots randomly, goes offline etc. Totally unreliable. They sent me a new ribbon cable last week, which I fitted on Monday, but still having problems. Their next solution is a firmware update, which I'll try soon (I'm away from home at the moment). If this doesn't sort it out, I'll be looking to have it replaced with another type!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts