Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
That looks pretty cool. It certainly covers what I would need. Anybody got any ideas or concerns. The fact that it keeps the data in a standard, let's you compare between other drivers and my favourite the barcode to stop charging rage. My only real concern is will people buy it. I suspect we will as we are a bit sad as early adopters.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's interesting for me as the outlander has a display that I think is a bit complicated. We might get use to it. My wife I suspect never will. If there was a standard model then it would be great if it could have different faces. One technical and the other more graphical with flowers. Please I am not being rude about my wife but the numbers are irrelevant. Making it a game with rewards would be better a bit like waze. I just wish the manufactures would give up and let apps run in the car so we can have what we want. For me tomtom on the iphone gets me to customers doors on time and waze is great at showing traffic. Every factory fitted system we have had has been pretty rubbish.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I backed it. The latest email update states that production is on schedule and that the units should be delivered in October as expected. I think it looks great. I like that unlike the current OBD options, the data is stored and accessed via an app or web portal later. Like Carwings but with useful data!

·
Super Moderator
7,509 Posts
Still not sure I "get" it. It's an obd dongle that lets you upload your trip data, and compare it to other users. That was interesting to look at on carwings for about a week but I don't bother anymore...

·
Registered
216 Posts
@Paul No there is no subscription costs.
@Edd Beesley The problem with Carwings is the data just isn't that easy to get at, unless you boot up a PC, plus it takes 3-5 days to become accessible. The problem with Leaf Spy as I understand, you have to have a phone on and the app open for any logging, and Leaf DD is hardwired and doesn't log anything. This device works in the background, updates the data, without the app being opened, and it stores the data if phone is not present until reconnected. I'm interested to know the affect on range as the battery ages, and from weather conditions. I've usually forgotten by the time Carwings updates 3-5 days after journey to look. Plus I like the QR code, and benchmarking features. It's not for everyone, but I felt it was worth a chance for £60.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/myev-by-mycarma-electric-vehicle-logger-app#activity
saw this being plugged on G+ (Electric Vehicles UK) and watched the promo vid..You buy a dongle,(It was a successful fundraiser,they hit their target,and are moving forward)..get the app and a QR sticker,and your car performance data gets collated with other drivers of your model of car..producing "Team" stats for your car model.they claim compatibility with something like 20 different EV models..the Project is US based,but I assume it could be used anywhere? It refers to Leaf's "Carwings" as a similar system.I see a parallel with the "Chargebump" progam being tested here in it,where you use the QR code ID to contact another member and can request a bump..what's your take?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeh I've I'm on the waiting list for pre orders. They are sending out the android based app ones end of next week. IOS they are having issues with Apple regarding the app so it's a waiting game for iOS users

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yeh I've I'm on the waiting list for pre orders. They are sending out the android based app ones end of next week. IOS they are having issues with Apple regarding the app so it's a waiting game for iOS users
So,no issues with it's use in UK? just,have car,get data from dongle?

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
So,no issues with it's use in UK? just,have car,get data from dongle?
There's no reason why there should be any issue unless the device plugs in the right foot well and impedes the driver. Otherwise I can't see any reason why it might be an issue: there's no mobile phone built in to it, just a bluetooth link to whatever phone you have.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Last I heard from MyCarma just before Christmas they said Android units would ship "first thing in January". Has anyone heard anything more from them about shipping? I don't want to bug them as I expect when they do ship it will be in several batches so might take a while.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
It seems the units for the UK have begun shipping! Keep an eye on your inboxes folks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I received the very first unit to be shipped internationally a few weeks ago! The unit is up and running, and reporting trip data and battery data really well. The myEV team and community of beta testers have clearly done a fantastic job as there were no bugs or errors at all. I understand the app should be available to download from the play store imminently, if not already.

IMG_20150218_102300.jpg IMG_20150218_154316.jpg 14 March 2015 173513 GMT+0000.jpg

·
Registered
486 Posts
Does anyone know what's going on with mycarma?
I looked into them around the time last post here (Apr 2015) and they don't seem to have made any progress since then. Website looks about the same it did almost 2 years ago asking to reserve your spot but no prices etc.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
They have been redesigning the device and were asking for volunteers to beta test the new one a couple of months ago. Long periods of quiet though so I don't know when, or if, the new ones might ship.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts