Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Renault failed to update the myRenault app in time for the iOS 14 release.

Anyone else seeing this generic error after updating to iOS 14?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,525 Posts
Oh, you do surprise me.

To be fair the whole world got 24 hours notice of the drop. Renault might get something out this month if you're very lucky.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a handful of apps that updated a week ago, in advance of the iOS 14 release. So it all comes down to the proactivity of the development teams.

Sure - there was no gold master for iOS 14, but basic compatibility could have been assured a while ago.

Sigh.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,525 Posts
Proper developers behind that app, not like those Renault Tier 2 part-timers. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Renault has had plenty of time to get things working fine, that's what the beta drops were for. The issue with the 24 hour notice was related to developers being able to submit apps that used the new iOS14 specific features, such as widgets, not in being able to submit an app that works with iOS14.

I found that the Renault app wouldn't work when I installed the beta a few weeks ago. After deleting and downloading the app again it was fine. Still works OK in the IOS 14 full release.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,525 Posts
I found that the Renault app wouldn't work when I installed the beta a few weeks ago. After deleting and downloading the app again it was fine. Still works OK in the IOS 14 full release.
Thanks. Just tried that and the UK app now works for me, including pre-conditioning.

Wonders never cease.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Renault has had plenty of time to get things working fine, that's what the beta drops were for. The issue with the 24 hour notice was related to developers being able to submit apps that used the new iOS14 specific features, such as widgets, not in being able to submit an app that works with iOS14.

Odd I was beta testing iOS 14 and the Renault app carried on working fine

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT Line R135
371 Posts
I've not downloaded iOS 14 yet. Will wait for confirmation that Onto app works before doing so!

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT Line R135
371 Posts
Working for me fine on iOS 14, cheers. I had the same problem with the Renault app, and had to delete and reinstall.

Is there any prospect of CarKey being supported by Onto on the Zoe? And EV routing on Apple Maps?

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT Line R135
371 Posts
This suggests it’s set up in the Maps app, but only if you have a compatible car.

‘My vehicles’ doesn’t appear in Maps, so assume I Renault is not compatible (yet).

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT Line R135
371 Posts
I had the same problem with the Renault app, and had to delete and reinstall.
Well, I thought things were working OK, but having reinstalled the Renault app, it doesn't appear to be talking to Renault's servers any more. It's currently showing the SoC and 'last updated' from yesterday.

·
Registered
503 Posts
EV routing through Apple Maps requires the car to provide canBUS access to CarPlay as far as I know, to read state of charge for the route calculations.

currently only selected Ford and BMW models support it, though Apple says they intend to have all manufacturers on board, but... not sure if that means “all vehicles supporting CarPlay today” as well.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Self correction: Apple Maps also needs to get the car’s theoretical range and supported plugs and charging speeds.

I believe Apple didn’t go the route of building a database for vehicles, rather they rely on the vehicle to tell Maps the car’s configuration, should the manufacturers be ever so kind to provide access.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
175 Posts
The app has been performing ok for a week or so, but today it won't show either the correct SOC or mileage!
Has anyone else suffered this recently?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts