Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just taken delivery of a '21 plate Kona.

Does anyone know what the third button on the key fob does? I've tried clicking and holding it, and can't see anything happening to the car...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Couldn't see anything in the manuals. By a process of trial and error, I've figured it out:

Lock the car, then hold it for a few seconds, and it'll start the ignition (and climate control) with the car still locked.

Shame - I was hoping for a loop-the-loop.
Thanks, you just saved me from starting a thread myself about this! Even my dealer couldn't work it out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I asked the same thing. I think it is a remote start for non-ev models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just taken delivery of a '21 plate Kona.

Does anyone know what the third button on the key fob does? I've tried clicking and holding it, and can't see anything happening to the car...

View attachment 145927
That hold button is to remote start the vehicle from 10 meters away so by the time you get in the vehicle your HVAC is turned on and the temperature inside the vehicle is as desired.
See the manual under smart key, it has a good explanation.

·
Registered
Kona 64
737 Posts
That hold button is to remote start the vehicle from 10 meters away so by the time you get in the vehicle your HVAC is turned on and the temperature inside the vehicle is as desired.
See the manual under smart key, it has a good explanation.
That button with a picture of the boot and the word Hold will unlock the boot only, on my UK spec 2018 Premium SE as confirmed by my manual. Are you saying the function has changed on the latest version?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That button with a picture of the boot and the word Hold will unlock the boot only, on my UK spec 2018 Premium SE as confirmed by my manual. Are you saying the function has changed on the latest version?
The new KONA 2021 has 4 button, the one with the hold button and trunk opens only the boot, where as the new button with just the hold and circular arrow is for remote start

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
So Hyundai finally catching up with GM! The Ampera had the 4th button waaaay back in 2012, which preheats the car for you so it's de-iced & warmed etc by the time you get in. Now they just need to add another button so I can open the charging flap on my Ioniq without having to unlock the car, open the door & press a button...

·
Registered
Kona64
1,865 Posts
SNow they just need to add another button so I can open the charging flap on my Ioniq without having to unlock the car, open the door & press a button...
errr
approach the car, zap twice quickly with the door-unlock on the key fob
open the charge flap, plug in
I walk to the drivers' door and look inside to see the charging speed
normally by now the doors auto-re-;lock as I have not opened them

if you're happy just to see the green flasher at the front you don't need to walk to the drivers' door.
I think the time period is about 20seconds --- if you unlock and don't open the doors it auto locks them for you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts