Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three years into ownership we’ve got used to the slightly random nature of a Tesla software quality control. However, the last three software updates have all shown these release notes....

Including this one we got last night....

Does anyone know whether an October 2016 RWD S 75 got the 5% power increase ?

I had the parents in law in the car today, so it was strictly ‘cill’ all the way and no opportunities to experiment....

·
Registered
960 Posts
The app says the car is now at:

2019.32.12.3 1b89dd1
That’s not the one with the power increase. 12.4 is with early release owners and that’s the power increase one. I wouldn’t mind betting (and hope I am wrong) that the power will be for the new Raven cars.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I often get nothing in the notes :( tend to find if I leave it up long enough it populates, thought about a bug report for it just for the irony of reading it on another one when they fixed it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I've seen this at random since about April but (with no evidence) I've convinced myself that it is retrieving the 'release notes' result via the internet vs showing it locally which I assume it has done before that date.

You can semi-replicate it at will -
  • Click on the 'whats new' (T button, release notes) in varying connectivity situations (wifi / no reception / cellular only)
  • Click on the release notes and wait - at times it appears tens-of-seconds later
  • If you never get any release notes, reboot
As others have said, 2019.32.12.4 contains the famed increase / scheduled-departure changes, it's early release only at the minute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts