Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Zoe has just started randomly bonging - about 14 bongs in a row . No text or warning lights. There is a mystery voice, which sometimes preceeds or succeeds the bongs. It very quietly says "ww turn on" or "ww turn off" . That's 2 w s, not 3. Has anyone experienced this, or know what it is?

I've had the car for 2 years with no other issues which couldn't be solved by turning the car off & on again.

Does anyone know how to disable the bong speaker?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,091 Posts
That's odd.

I'd probably check daft basics that all doors and windows are shut. Re-cancel any navigation route set. Also check if there's a usb stick or similar in case some joker has set it to play noises.

Does it happen whenever you start the car and does it keep going all the time you're driving?

·
Registered
Ioniq
677 Posts
That's spooky. Exorcism?

Ours has confused me when I've put something fairly heavy on the passenger seat; it bing bongs, presumably to say the seatbelt isn't done up, but nothing actually tells you that's what it's complaining about...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Could you please record the audio? In 4 years I’ve not heard the car talk to me nor issuing bongs...

The passenger seatbelt audio warning has 3 notes one after the other, not bongs.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,338 Posts
Voices caused by whatever you inhaled from bong? :D

Weird one on me, never had it talk to me before outside of the useless voice recognition that asks quite loudly "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO". Alert noises are often because you left a heavy bag on the passenger seat and it's telling the bag to put its seatbelt on, but I seem to recall that's the more panicky sounding "ringada dingada" noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was the EvoDX Full HD 1080P dashcam - not Zoe at all. The mystery voice returned, but no bongs. I think this was because I demounted it so my passenger could hold it. It hasn't spoken or bonged before in almost 2 years of service, but with hindsight I did change some plausible menu items.

Thank you again to Mark Weatherill.

For info - I did do a 1 hour 12V battery disconnect earlier in the investigation, which was easy to do & did no harm - the radio & Nav were unaffected. No problem with doors locking, which has been reported elsewhere.

Thank you all & remember never to underestimate the mendacity of inanimate objects....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts