Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

n-connecta - heated seats standard?

7K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  rustleg 
#1 ·
Had my first electric test drive today - wonderful. Looking online I find lease deals which do not state heated seats as standard but the garage said the n-connecta does have heated seats as standard, which is mainly why I'd want the n-connecta instead of the acenta. Are the lease offers old models?

#2 ·
Rustleg- Welcome to the wonderful world of ev's

Lease should be the same as all others on sale. There are various trim levels, if you have the readies, always cough for the top trim level. With used vehicles, I would only ever get the top trim level because the price differennce is minimal, but the experience is exponentially better. With a new vehicle, that minimal difference in price becomes a yawning chasm. So it really is a personal preference, some like to be the first with a new car, and go for a base model, others like me prefer a used one with all the fruit.

I bought a Tekna, and after driving an Accenta on test am so glad I went for the top trim. Not only does it have heated front and rear seats, it has the heated steering wheel, pure heaven on a cold frosty morning.

When buying new, you can go through the list of optional extras available for that particular model and pick what you like, so just pick heated seats.

#3 ·
N Connecta has heated seats all round and heated steering wheel. Half faux leather half fabric upholstery which I prefer to full leather that I have in my Tekna.
Personally having gone Tekna, 2 Zero and N Connecta I think the N Connecta is the better all round package. No stupid Bose lump in the boot. Although I do miss my Propilot.

#10 ·
N Connecta has heated seats all round and heated steering wheel. Half faux leather half fabric upholstery which I prefer to full leather that I have in my Tekna.
Personally having gone Tekna, 2 Zero and N Connecta I think the N Connecta is the better all round package. No stupid Bose lump in the boot. Although I do miss my Propilot.
I agree, other than I've turned off the propilot features (essentially making my Tekna an n-connecta) as they just don't deliver anything for me. The Tekna gives me electric handbrake, which is good, as it auto cancels when you pull away.

#4 ·
I'm with you on the Bose lump, I just ripped it out the first day I got it. Now proudly sitting on a shelf in the garage.... It really doesn't do a lot for us old 'uns, but it's great for boy racers with their thump thump thump rap crap music.

Reactions: ElectricIan
#5 ·
I asked because one lease company I chatted with said the deals were from stock. So I wondered if there was a recent uplift in the n-connecta spec which added the heated seats and i'm being offered an older version.

This was my first test car. I'm going to try a VW e-golf next. Would have liked to try the Kia e-Niro but it seems they have sold out all UK production and trying to get more allocation. Same with the Hyundai Kona. I think there's a pick up of sales momentum now, people are more conscious of global warming with Greta Thunberg and David Attenborough making their voices heard. Methinks the sales projections are way under estimated.

Definitely going to swap my diesel guzzler in January after it's transported all the leaves to the tip.

#6 ·
I think you make an excellent point, maybe this is a pivotal moment for EV's in the UK and all the manufacturers have been caught on the hop.
It looks like you are going for a new vehicle, good luck with the Nissan website, the models and options on the website are such a mess, it is totally confusing to any prospective purchaser.
VW, BMW and KIA aren't a lot better though....

#7 ·
... good luck with the Nissan website, the models and options on the website are such a mess, it is totally confusing to any prospective purchaser.
Yes. When I look at the n-connecta spec on the Nissan website it has a short list of features in addition to the acenta including this "Intelligent Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection and Front and Rear Parking Sensors**"
The sting is in the asterisks. When you go to the bottom small print to find the asterisks it says "** Functionality and features (including ProPILOT, Intelligent Around View Monitor and other features mentioned above) are available only on selected grades."

So wtf are "selected grades" ? Not explained.

The website sticks asterisks all over the place but when you look for what the asterisk means you don't find it. This is lazy and weasely. Or it's the lawyers looking for let-outs? Agreed many other companies aren't any better.

#8 ·
I have a completely standard N Connecta so any queries then ask away.

#9 ·
My problem is the quotes from the online leasing companies are significantly better than the dealer's quote. But I want to make sure I'm comparing like with like. The leasing company I looked at didn't state heated seats in the n-connecta spec which the dealer says is standard on this model. The nissan website does state heated seats. Also I chatted online with the leasing company who said the model was from stock. They said check the manufacturer's website for the specs. So perhaps the leasing spec isn't quite accurate.

Maybe I'm being over cautious but I was trying to find out whether it's possible that there was some old stock without heated seats. I guess it's not something anyone can be sure of so I expect I'll have to check the actual details if I get that far down the line.

However since you offered (thanks) I did have one other question. Do the folding mirrors automatically close when locking the car from outside? My wife once had a car where you had to flick a switch to fold them.

#11 ·
I would be 100% confident it has the heated seats.
Folding mirrors on lock has been standard since about July 2017 so a yes to that also.
Care to share your lease offer?

What you waiting for? Get it ordered. :D

#12 · (Edited)
What I used to do when getting a new vehicle for my company when ceo of my small company was to create a purchase order and list the equipment I required, the trim level, delivery date and price/warranty period and what the warranty covered.
There is no reason why an individual cannot do the same and get the sales staff to sign and date it too; believe me they will as they are desperate for sales particularly when the end of the month is looming. If they refuse, then just walk away, they will be trying to shaft you in some way.
That way you have legal recourse if the vehicle is not up to specification when delivered.

Audi Poole tried to shaft me on my return to the UK, I bought 2 one-year old Audi A1's they just demonstrated one and when they delivered them one absolutely stank of stale tobacco. I refused delivery and they had no option but to replace it as in my purchase order I clearly stated that the vehicles were to have never been used by smokers.

#14 ·
What I used to do when getting a new vehicle for my company when ceo of my small company was to create a purchase order and list the equipment I required, the trim level, delivery date and price/warranty period and what the warranty covered.
There is no reason why an individual cannot do the same and get the sales staff to sign and date it too; believe me they will as they are desperate for sales particularly when the end of the month is looming. If they refuse, then just walk away, they will be trying to shaft you in some way.
That way you have legal recourse if the vehicle is not up to specification when delivered.
Good advice, thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.