Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the Tekna has that the N-Tec doesn't apart from self parking?

I've just had a surprise phone call from my dealer offering to swap my 2020 N-Tec for a 71 reg new Tekna for £300 deposit & just £30/month more than I am paying for the pre reg N-Tec. They are desperate for used stock as prices have shot up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Leather seats too?

I think the N-Tec has most of the good stuff. Unless you fancy a slightly newer car, I'm not sure it is worth it.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leather seats too?

I think the N-Tec has most of the good stuff. Unless you fancy a slightly newer car, I'm not sure it is worth it.
I need to see the full figures especially the final payment.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Yeah the self parking was made a stupidly expensive feature. You could say you want it for free since it's literally just a software thing, costs them nothing! No harm in asking, it might be priced that way to use as a sweetener.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the self parking was made a stupidly expensive feature. You could say you want it for free since it's literally just a software thing, costs them nothing! No harm in asking, it might be priced that way to use as a sweetener.
No, I don't want it, no need with such an excellent all round camera system. I was under the impression it was standard but clearly no longer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A brochure I downloaded a few days ago would suggest the following:

ProPILOT [3] advanced driver assistance system with Electronic Parking Brake

Part Leather Trim with Ultra Suede Inserts

Intelligent Auto Headlights with full LED and LED foglights BOSE Premium Audio + 7 speakers

OPTIONAL EXTRAS
• Spare Wheel
• ProPILOT Park
• Special solid paint
• Metallic paint
• Premium metallic paint
• Pearlescent paint
• Two-tone paint
• Intelligent rear view mirror

·
Registered
273 Posts
A brochure I downloaded a few days ago would suggest the following:

ProPILOT [3] advanced driver assistance system with Electronic Parking Brake

Part Leather Trim with Ultra Suede Inserts

Intelligent Auto Headlights with full LED and LED foglights BOSE Premium Audio + 7 speakers
I think those are the differences between the current N-Connecta and Tekna. The OP has an N-Tec, which is/was a special edition that is no longer sold.

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
743 Posts
I’ve never had a self parking system that wasn’t clunky to use and downright scary, I was constantly worrying if it was just about to kerb one of my alloys.

I certainly wouldn’t pay for one.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I’ve never had a self parking system that wasn’t clunky to use and downright scary, I was constantly worrying if it was just about to kerb one of my alloys.

I certainly wouldn’t pay for one.
I tried it the Honda e one quite a bit and it was really good. Maybe the newer ones were better.

·
Registered
Leaf 40 69
27 Posts
I think there is an extra button near the gear selector. 1m20 on this video:

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think there is an extra button near the gear selector. 1m20 on this video:

That's for the self parking, which is now an option and not wanted. It's not an extra button but is for ECO when there's no self parking. (the eco button is moved to the switch panel near the door - there is a blank there on mine)

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
1,848 Posts
With MY20 LEAF TEKNA you get the intelligent (allegedly) Rear View Mirror and a Sharks Fin Antenna as standard.

Worth having, I am sure. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
With MY20 LEAF TEKNA you get the intelligent (allegedly) Rear View Mirror and a Sharks Fin Antenna as standard.

Worth having, I am sure. :rolleyes:
Yes a must (not).
I see on their website, there is no mention of 100kw charging, just 50kw (maybe the ASA made them drop it since 70kw is about as fast as it can charge)

There is now a telescopic steering wheel at last otherwise my limited edition N-Tec has all I need, including the cornering lights etc. So I wouldn't 'upgrade' to get more tech and I don't want the boot space taken up by the Bose woofer.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts