Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great trip to Hardwick Hall this afternoon. 108 miles each way with free charging in the west car park to get back up to 100% and hammer it home (y)

Feeling great about things until I got the washer fluid warning for the first time on the way home. And again, and again... probably about 7 times over the last hour of the journey...

Anyone know how to acknowledge or mute the warning after the first chime? Tried the 'OK' button on the steering wheel but it just kept nagging!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I think when it's on the cusp of warning you it coincides with either going up or down hills (can't remember which one) so beeps at you repeatedly. I'm guessing the sensor is at either then front or the back of the tank. Once it's lower then it just beeps when you switch on and then the light stays on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol fill the bottle at 70mph on the A1. No :)

Jayne that sounds right on, thanks. If I'm on a long drive the next time it goes off I'll drain it completely so that there's no ambiguity for the sensor.

·
Registered
794 Posts
You don't need to drain it completely, there's still quite a lot of fluid in the tank when the warning stays on continuously.

In fact it survived a good two or three weeks of really bad weather and daily commuting and still hadn't run out. Of course I realised I'd used the spare screenwash that lives in the garage during the first snowy week of the year when everywhere in Inverness only had the useless "down to -5" screenwash left, with empty shelves where the -15 or -20 stuff lives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts