Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so's y'all know, we're gonna call our Model S Tallulah. She will share a garage with our Jeep, who's called Jolene, so there'll probably be some good girlie chat, especially when Tallulah is getting juiced. Jolene is looking forward to a new companion; she's had Marlene the Mercedes for company the last three years but they've really run out of things to talk about (and she'll be leaving soon anyway).

·
Registered
509 Posts
My daughter (when she was 3) names our black Audi A6 Avant 'Betty' so she became 'Black Betty' (Bam Balam) and the sound is played quite frequently in the car.

Now that Betty is to be sold in March when the Model S turns up I asked her what we are going to call the Tesla. So far she favours 'Toby'....but not sure I like the idea of driving around in a 'boy'.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Our kids picked Tessie, not particularly original or inventive, but makes me smile when i check the watch app everytime.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I have a pile of possible names for ours when it arrives, but I haven't decided yet and until I have the car they're remaining secret :cautious::cautious:

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
There must be hundreds of these out on the roads ;)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Ours is called "Dusty"

The reason is one or more of the following:
  1. Good taste in music
  2. Aversion to washing cars
  3. Toddler obsession with Disney/Pixar Planes movie (for some unknown reason always sounds like a jet plane when I drive. He thinks we're going to take off :rolleyes: )

P

·
0 Posts
I think if it's a Minor 1000 from the late 50s then a name like Myrtle is perhaps a good way of forming an emotional attachment to the car and preventing you from wanting to rip up the seats and beat it to death with the cushions when it conks out in rush hour traffic on the A214 outside Wandsworth.

Naming modern appliances is decidedly weird unless you're six and/or a girl. Do you refer to the car using its name? Do you say, "I'm just going for a ride in Talulah" etc thus exposing the real reason for picking one? :cautious:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
@People's Front of Judea - the UI tricks you into doing it. I didn't on delivery as frankly I thought it a bit sad, then upon Autopilot update I was greeted with a big dialog box demanding me to tell it its' name before I could go any further.

Not quite the Turing test, but a first step towards sentience? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think if it's a Minor 1000 from the late 50s then a name like Myrtle is perhaps a good way of forming an emotional attachment to the car and preventing you from wanting to rip up the seats and beat it to death with the cushions when it conks out in rush hour traffic on the A214 outside Wandsworth.

Naming modern appliances is decidedly weird unless you're six and/or a girl. Do you refer to the car using its name? Do you say, "I'm just going for a ride in Talulah" etc thus exposing the real reason for picking one? :cautious:
Oh, please - just a harmless bit of fun. And the answer to your questions is No, since it hasn't arrived yet; whether we shall do, remains to be seen.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Don't you have to name the vehicle in the setup process?
I don't think you can leave the name field blank...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't you have to name the vehicle in the setup process?
I don't think you can leave the name field blank...
I thought so but the v7 manual says on p96: Naming Your Vehicle To further personalize your Model S, you can name it. The name you give your Model S will appear in the mobile app. To name your Model S, touch the Tesla “T” at the top center of the touchscreen, then touch Name Your Vehicle.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
ah so only as a differentiating name if you have multiple vehicles in the app then....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts