Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just charged on the Engenie rapid in Nantwich. There is a notice that it will be unavailable from August 30th to September 4th (during the Nantwich Food Festival).

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,242 Posts
They closed it last year. The congleton ones are also going to be out of action as they've sold the car park for development.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Do you know when the Congleton one is likely to be out of action - later in the month? Was vaguely planning on using it this weekend!

·
Premium Member
11,479 Posts
It's amazing how many rapids are closed for events etc. Would they close a petrol station for the same period?
Putting rapids in a council car park is never a good idea IMO. Maybe putting them in petrol stations isn't such a bad idea as I originally thought?

Ideally they would be in proper EV-only hubs with a nice coffee shop and free WiFi. Be interesting to see the MK solutions.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Good to hear the Nantwich unit is still up and running fine, I'll be using it on my route to and from Holyhead later this month. I'm not sure when or if they'll introduce fees for charging, with only 6 rapids at 3 locations how is the development cost of the app ever going pay for itself? In fact how do they operate in any economic way?

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,699 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts