Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about the 2 rapid chargers in the Love Lane car park in Nantwich?
I called there this morning. Neither charger was in use. They are ABB units, both are CHAdeMO, CCS/SAE & Mennekes. They are run by engenie. A sign says parking is free when charging but maximum stay is 1 hour (automatic penalty applies).
Options are to pay; by phone via an app but this does not yet appear to be available, by RFID card but doesn't say which one (is there an engenie card?), or by pin code (council workers etc?). Printed instructions say major credit cards accepted but the credit card payment option was not present on the screen. There was no information given about the tariff.
I tried my CYC & ecotricity cards but both were rejected. I tried my VISA card but it just timed out. I went to the myengenie.co.uk website and followed the link but it said the app was not ready yet.
Has anyone managed to use these posts yet?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, how do you get your free charge then? I got stuck selecting between a non existent app, a non existent RFID card and a secret pin code!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to get a charge in Nantwich today! Yesterday the RH charger wanted an impossible payment authorisation. Today I tried the LH unit and it went straight to the start charge screen (after selecting the connector). Success!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts